8144T Wrecker

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

8144T Wrecker

March 24th, 2012, 5:29 pm #1

Yes I know , he's come out of his mancave!!! I posted this just after paint about 2 years ago and it has sat in a box waiting for me to bust it out ,dust it off, and throw down on it. I decided to knock it out along with the 920/870 down below a few posts for the Auburn show. Yeah he really is out of his cave!!!! Cab and chassis are DES, some basic parts of boom tower are AA from the Ward. The boom is scratch along with the small details that set it apart from a standard wrecker. Weathering is started along with worn edges ect. Difficulty as I experssed with friends is how far do you go with weathering as to not lose that killer blue gray color(vallejo aircraft color)? It will get the stains and a bit of streaking on the cab. I know it tech. should be a hard cab and ringmount might not be totally legit for stateside, but I think for a Pacific theatre airfield it will work. Okay back to the cave........ Late, SD

March 24th, 2012, 5:54 pm #2

https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

March 24th, 2012, 6:13 pm #3

Yes I know , he's come out of his mancave!!! I posted this just after paint about 2 years ago and it has sat in a box waiting for me to bust it out ,dust it off, and throw down on it. I decided to knock it out along with the 920/870 down below a few posts for the Auburn show. Yeah he really is out of his cave!!!! Cab and chassis are DES, some basic parts of boom tower are AA from the Ward. The boom is scratch along with the small details that set it apart from a standard wrecker. Weathering is started along with worn edges ect. Difficulty as I experssed with friends is how far do you go with weathering as to not lose that killer blue gray color(vallejo aircraft color)? It will get the stains and a bit of streaking on the cab. I know it tech. should be a hard cab and ringmount might not be totally legit for stateside, but I think for a Pacific theatre airfield it will work. Okay back to the cave........ Late, SD

Great build SD, the weathering is really good too.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2012, 6:27 pm #4

GOOD

March 24th, 2012, 6:52 pm #5

love it

Malc.

http://malcolmireson.co.uk/
Last edited by mireson on March 24th, 2012, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2012, 8:00 pm #6

Lovely subject and very well done, congratulations Anthony.
D

March 24th, 2012, 8:03 pm #7

Beatiful model, Anthony, and I love the blue/gray paint scheme!

I think the weathering is very well executed, no need to add more to it IMHO.

Cheers,
sven
Last edited by young_sven on March 24th, 2012, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2012, 10:10 pm #8

OMG TONY!!!

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen!!! I have constructed a whip from stretched sprue and used X-acto blades and I am flagellating myself with it as I write this because I will NEVER be able to even approach your level of skill if I live to be a thousand years old.

Or words to that effect,

See you in Auburn,

Hugs & kisses,

Pat
MMiR

March 25th, 2012, 12:31 am #9

great job ! looks awesome

Mark

March 25th, 2012, 5:50 am #10

very nice!