502 Spz Abt PZ III L, leningrad

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

502 Spz Abt PZ III L, leningrad

January 21st, 2012, 9:31 pm #1

some pics of the latest one before starting the diorama :

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I first wanted to use the decoration proposed by revell (3 pz gren div) but seing at the picture of the real tank I realized that the kit was not totally coresponding to it. then I found a PIC of the 101 from Spz Abt 502 wearing an original winter camo, similat to theone used on their Tiger. It's all painted with humbrol, first the grey with an air brush and the white, with a brush in 2 layer of diluated paint.

That's the revell kit with some minor improvments.
one WIP picture :

[/IMG]

January 22nd, 2012, 5:47 am #2

Very nice build, and the winter camo is also very nice, just as I have seen it in some period photographs; while some bear the overspray, or paint fading/chipping, I have also seen some photographs of the period such as yours... a tank simply with painted swaths, or bands of white over the grey. Sometimes the simple truth is less elaborate than what we could imagine. Thanks for showing, Mark.

January 22nd, 2012, 11:24 am #3

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I first wanted to use the decoration proposed by revell (3 pz gren div) but seing at the picture of the real tank I realized that the kit was not totally coresponding to it. then I found a PIC of the 101 from Spz Abt 502 wearing an original winter camo, similat to theone used on their Tiger. It's all painted with humbrol, first the grey with an air brush and the white, with a brush in 2 layer of diluated paint.

one WIP picture :

[/IMG]
Well done, Great Build and Great Finish Phillip!

January 22nd, 2012, 11:25 am #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

one WIP picture :

[/IMG]
Well done, Great Build and Great Finish Phillip!

January 22nd, 2012, 12:15 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

one WIP picture :

[/IMG]
By gum! if this and the other contributions weve seen so far at the very beginning of the year are an indication of what is going on then those of us who enjoy looking at others work are in for a treat. Bloody well done indeed!!!

January 26th, 2012, 7:31 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

one WIP picture :

[/IMG]
detail. I like very much the CAMO that you have choosen for your model. If the diorama is in the same line, it will be spectacular.

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/
My Town
http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XwJUG_La6w