5 Minute Epoxy glues

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

5 Minute Epoxy glues

Gareth Mc Gauley
Gareth Mc Gauley

December 13th, 2003, 7:31 pm #1

Any recommendations? I want to use this to align the hull tub and upper parts of a DML Sdkfz 250 which is not easily done!

December 13th, 2003, 9:07 pm #2

In the UK we use Araldite, with the red and white tubes. You get about 2 to 3 minutes to work with a fresh batch.

HTH

Martin

Gareth Mc Gauley
Gareth Mc Gauley

December 13th, 2003, 10:15 pm #3

As I'm also in the UK perhaps you could let me know where you get your supply from?

December 14th, 2003, 10:30 am #4

I guessed you were by the surname. You should be able to pick up Araldite at any B&Q store, or if you live further away, a local handyman's store. It smells a bit of cat piss once mixed, but it's great for manouvering kit pieces. You can also use it for gluing resin zimmerit sheets.

HTH

Martin

Matt Clemente
Matt Clemente

December 14th, 2003, 2:17 pm #5

Any recommendations? I want to use this to align the hull tub and upper parts of a DML Sdkfz 250 which is not easily done!
In America we have a wide variety of 5 Min Epoxies, I Can't Recall the Brand But There is one that comes with an auto mixing set and my Hobby Shop has there own Custom 5 Min Epoxy which I prefer Better Because You Mix the Epoxy yourself So You Can make it Thick or Thin.

Gareth Mc Gauley
Gareth Mc Gauley

December 14th, 2003, 10:29 pm #6

I guessed you were by the surname. You should be able to pick up Araldite at any B&Q store, or if you live further away, a local handyman's store. It smells a bit of cat piss once mixed, but it's great for manouvering kit pieces. You can also use it for gluing resin zimmerit sheets.

HTH

Martin
.. That aroma??? Yeat another thing for my wife to love about my hobby.

Gareth Mc Gauley
Gareth Mc Gauley

December 14th, 2003, 10:30 pm #7

In America we have a wide variety of 5 Min Epoxies, I Can't Recall the Brand But There is one that comes with an auto mixing set and my Hobby Shop has there own Custom 5 Min Epoxy which I prefer Better Because You Mix the Epoxy yourself So You Can make it Thick or Thin.
I think I may have seen a mixing kit like the one you are talking about somewhere. Now, if I could only remember where....

Matt Clemente
Matt Clemente

December 16th, 2003, 2:42 am #8

Hey if you Can't Remeber where just Order it Form the Hobby SHop i Work at at hobbyheaven.com, If You Can't Find it Just E-Mail the Guy there, His Name is Fred we have 5 Min Cure, 15 Min Cure and 30 min Cure, The Stuff is Amazing

Gareth Mc Gauley
Gareth Mc Gauley

December 17th, 2003, 8:09 pm #9

But for some reason my browser won't open your boss' homepage.

Matt Clemente
Matt Clemente

December 18th, 2003, 3:03 am #10

Yeah Sorry, His Hosting Company Just Filed a Chapter 11 Last Week, and he's in no Rush to get a new Server, You Can try E-Mailing Him Though, E-bay, his Seller name is hobbyheaven.com so just contact himt hrough that.