4.7cm Pak(t) auf Pz.Kpfw 35R (f)

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

4.7cm Pak(t) auf Pz.Kpfw 35R (f)

June 12th, 2012, 2:42 pm #1

Brach are producing a resin 4.7cm Pak(t) auf Pz.Kpfw 35R (f) as seen on PMMS.
I am not normally an Axis tank modeller but this does look rather 'cute'. So, can someone put me out of my misery?. i don't have many sources for German/French AFVs. I can see that a hundred odd were produced. i get the impression that they were all used in France post D-Day. Is this correct?. If so, then a fairly conventional 'yellow' base with maybe green stripes, etc?.
Thanks in advance for any help.

June 12th, 2012, 3:03 pm #2

It's in the gallery section. See here for inspiration.

http://missing-lynx.com/gallery/german/ ... 5sz_1.html

Alan

June 12th, 2012, 4:34 pm #3

I am not normally an Axis tank modeller but this does look rather 'cute'. So, can someone put me out of my misery?. i don't have many sources for German/French AFVs. I can see that a hundred odd were produced. i get the impression that they were all used in France post D-Day. Is this correct?. If so, then a fairly conventional 'yellow' base with maybe green stripes, etc?.
is equally possible. These things first saw action in the east.

As for France, apparently some new numbers recently turned up in Russian archives:http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... a3995c90db
Please note these numbers are for 31 December 1943, and there were significant changes up to D-Day.

Niels

June 12th, 2012, 6:30 pm #4

Hi Andrew,

Another option (I think it's more accurate...but more tricky): produced in 1941 they were painted in dark grey with, I think, the interior of the "original tank hull" in white (French) or perhaps in elfenbein (German Ivory) but in 1944 I'm pretty sure only the exterior was repainted in dark yellow.
I hope it's clear for you (english is not my language, only reminiscences of school in the 70s).

Cheers,
Patrice.

June 12th, 2012, 6:39 pm #5

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/n ... model.html

Regards from Germany,

Stefan

June 12th, 2012, 10:33 pm #6

Hi Andrew,

Another option (I think it's more accurate...but more tricky): produced in 1941 they were painted in dark grey with, I think, the interior of the "original tank hull" in white (French) or perhaps in elfenbein (German Ivory) but in 1944 I'm pretty sure only the exterior was repainted in dark yellow.
I hope it's clear for you (english is not my language, only reminiscences of school in the 70s).

Cheers,
Patrice.
The remains of one are in Swiss Army Museum at Thun
http://news.webshots.com/album/581173437oNcWdT
Pics starting at
http://news.webshots.com/photo/23301159 ... 9195ayozdM

and a few more from the empty inside starting at
http://news.webshots.com/photo/26813200 ... 9195oOgjVh

June 13th, 2012, 7:23 am #7

for something different you could place one of these on a Channel Island in the timeframe 1941-43

according to the book 'German Armour in the Channel Islands' some of these were sent to the Channel Islands in 1941, and by end of 1942 there were 9 on Guernsey, 10 on Jersey, and 1 on Alderney, also Sark had 2 until November 1943, the book also has a picture of one in an indistinct camo pattern which states the picture was taken on Guernsey. The unit they belonged to isn't mentioned other than to state they were independent of Panzer Abteilung 213 which was equipped with Char B1 tanks.

cheers
Neil
Last edited by neilyall on June 13th, 2012, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 14th, 2012, 4:08 pm #8

It was quite painful to the credit card though...heard really good things about Brach Models, so I'm looking forward to it.

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.
Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.