25 Ton Pontoon/T26E3 Diorama WIP

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

25 Ton Pontoon/T26E3 Diorama WIP

February 9th, 2012, 11:04 pm #1

I've been working on the 25 ton pontoon diorama. The decking is built and after finished and attached, the C-clamps to hold the balks will be glued on. I have 20 of them. I still have to make an engineers sign to go behind the MP directing traffic and the trestles that hold up the decking still have to be made. I placed the 3 GI's on but I might not use them. If not then a pile of wood decking would go there. I will also have ropes going to shore from the pontoon and from one pontoon to the next one. Still a long ways to go. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Cheers
Jim Guld

February 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm #2

I like your composition, assembly, figure selections and poses, as well as the the original idea to incorporate so many elements into one scene. Have fun finishing this, James. I'm looking forward to updates. Best regards, Dave

February 10th, 2012, 2:09 am #3

I've been working on the 25 ton pontoon diorama. The decking is built and after finished and attached, the C-clamps to hold the balks will be glued on. I have 20 of them. I still have to make an engineers sign to go behind the MP directing traffic and the trestles that hold up the decking still have to be made. I placed the 3 GI's on but I might not use them. If not then a pile of wood decking would go there. I will also have ropes going to shore from the pontoon and from one pontoon to the next one. Still a long ways to go. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

How does the bridge connect to the cobbelstone? A photo of that would be of interest. It's hard to tell from the photos if the bridge is'giving' or sagging. Is or would it? Keep us posted on your progress.

February 10th, 2012, 3:21 am #4

those 3 guys why not put them on the rear of that tank ??? cant wait to see more...my outboards are nearly finished
jamie

February 10th, 2012, 4:51 am #5

keep goin baby. Lookin sweet!

February 10th, 2012, 2:41 pm #6

How does the bridge connect to the cobbelstone? A photo of that would be of interest. It's hard to tell from the photos if the bridge is'giving' or sagging. Is or would it? Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks for looking Paul. The bridge decking will have three trestles that go underneath to support it. Still working on those. I also have to extend the front part slightly so more of it is supported by land. I have an engineering cd from EasyOne Productions that has photos and drawings of how they were built. Basically the heavy wood timbers were placed on the ground and staked in place and covered with dirt. The underside cross timbers,called Balks, had U-shaped brackets that held them to Balks that ran perpendicular to them.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

February 10th, 2012, 2:44 pm #7

those 3 guys why not put them on the rear of that tank ??? cant wait to see more...my outboards are nearly finished
jamie
Jamie,
Thanks for looking. I had originally thought of putting the GI's on the rear deck but decided I liked it better without them there. You start to loose the coloring and the deck star that I worked so hard to airbrush.(___)
Post up some shots of the Johnson outboard when done.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

February 10th, 2012, 2:46 pm #8

I like your composition, assembly, figure selections and poses, as well as the the original idea to incorporate so many elements into one scene. Have fun finishing this, James. I'm looking forward to updates. Best regards, Dave
Dave,
Thanks for looking. It's been a fun project so far especially building the pontoons.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

February 10th, 2012, 2:52 pm #9

keep goin baby. Lookin sweet!
Dan,
Thanks for looking. I've been stopping and starting on this one when I loose steam.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

February 10th, 2012, 3:37 pm #10

That piece is really coming along nicely Jim. Composition is good. The clear span between the tank and the ground guide works. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle the water.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .