23. PD history by Rebentisch (Stackpole)

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

23. PD history by Rebentisch (Stackpole)

July 5th, 2012, 8:12 am #1

I just got in the Stackpole reprint of the huge 23. PD combat history by Ernst Rebentisch. I have to say that this must be the best value for money book I have ever bought! The book maintains the excellent original JJF layout and is printed on good glossy paper. And can be had for the price of less than 3 Osprey New Vanguards. Superb!

July 5th, 2012, 5:15 pm #2

most of this reprint were much shorter in Text and mostly in pictures. Bought the reprint from the heavy tank destroyer 653 wich got less than half of the original fotos.

July 5th, 2012, 6:43 pm #3

I have seen the original JJF edition and this is an exact reprint, unlike the 503 and 653 volumes which had revised layout etc.

July 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm #4

Just ordered it from bookdepository.co.uk. $26.11 Cdn, free (airmail) shipping. Should be here next week. Looking forward to it as I missed the JJF edition when it first came out.
Cheers, Dave

July 7th, 2012, 12:31 am #5

I just got in the Stackpole reprint of the huge 23. PD combat history by Ernst Rebentisch. I have to say that this must be the best value for money book I have ever bought! The book maintains the excellent original JJF layout and is printed on good glossy paper. And can be had for the price of less than 3 Osprey New Vanguards. Superb!
A great book from Stackpoole for dirt cheap. One of the heaviest paper bound volumes I have seen. Best to read on table.

Great history of a famed Panzer division.