2 x new 1/72 Plastic M24 Chaffee's planned.

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

2 x new 1/72 Plastic M24 Chaffee's planned.

September 11th, 2017, 3:50 am #1

Hi All,
Just seen a update on OKB's FB page, it's not resin kit,

the planned M24 Chaffee is a full Plastic kit with decals
2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'
& a Vietnam 'Late' version.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4637756278

Recently we “announced” our upcoming release of a 1/72 M24 Chaffee kit by changing our cover photo. We believe a clarification is due:
- the kit will be an injection molded in PLASTIC.
- we will offer full kit – EVERYTHING you need to build a 1/72 M24 Chaffee will be inside the box (decals included).
- the set will feature classic part breakdown – it is not a simplified/wargame model.
- produced with steel tooling, NO short/limited run (epoxy or soft metal) molds.
Stay tuned for more details!

The entire model will be plastic, track are L&L. There will be several PE sets available separately.

Just for the record - "late" version is "late WW2" version, also used on first Nam war, fight by France, at least the decal option i have in mind...there is how to say .."shades" ?

Cheers
Elliott

P.S if it goes well more plastic kits would be considered
M18 Hellcat or M41 Walker bulldog anyone?
Last edited by Elliott Winthrop on September 11th, 2017, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 11th, 2017, 7:40 am #2

That's great news, just hope it doesn't cost as much as his resin kits. I'll take an M18 or 41 too.

September 11th, 2017, 8:32 am #3

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Recently we “announced” our upcoming release of a 1/72 M24 Chaffee kit by changing our cover photo. We believe a clarification is due:
- we will offer full kit – EVERYTHING you need to build a 1/72 M24 Chaffee will be inside the box (decals included).
- the set will feature classic part breakdown – it is not a simplified/wargame model.
- produced with steel tooling, NO short/limited run (epoxy or soft metal) molds.

The entire model will be plastic, track are L&L. There will be several PE sets available separately.

Just for the record - "late" version is "late WW2" version, also used on first Nam war, fight by France, at least the decal option i have in mind...there is how to say .."shades" ?

Cheers
Elliott

Great!!!

September 11th, 2017, 8:57 am #4

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Cheers
Elliott

both hellcat and walker buldog, please
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

September 11th, 2017, 1:44 pm #5

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Cheers
Elliott

I wonder if OKB will do some resin tracks to go with it..!!

Rob

September 11th, 2017, 3:48 pm #6

Hi Rob,

The renders you see show plastic parts only, no PE or resin. To my understanding Georgi plans no multimedia parts for the announced release, just plastic.

If there are some highly specialized variants with details that can't be reproduced with PS I am sure he would offer resin.

Maybe once he shows the sprues you can try and convince him to offer plastic tracks (or the whole running gear) separately - that is if he considers it economically feasible.
Peter Petkov
Disruptive professional
My modelling site - http://modelcrafters.net

September 11th, 2017, 5:56 pm #7

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Cheers
Elliott

...for a Dien Bien Phu diorama, always wanted to do one.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

September 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm #8

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Cheers
Elliott

indeed good news, I came across it on FB but could not find it later on again, even better that you posted it
Last edited by Mondria on September 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings Patrick Mondria
for some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.nl/

September 11th, 2017, 7:25 pm #9

Hi All,

2 versions planned
a WWII 'Early'

Cheers
Elliott

...wrestle my Hasegawa kit into submission!?!?
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

September 11th, 2017, 11:22 pm #10

Hi Rob,

The renders you see show plastic parts only, no PE or resin. To my understanding Georgi plans no multimedia parts for the announced release, just plastic.

If there are some highly specialized variants with details that can't be reproduced with PS I am sure he would offer resin.

Maybe once he shows the sprues you can try and convince him to offer plastic tracks (or the whole running gear) separately - that is if he considers it economically feasible.
I was being ironic Peter... a British personality flaw, some of us here even call it humour..!!

Yup, I read the full post, it's all in styrene, and I'm very happy about that too... Hopefully it'll sell well and we'll finally get to see a Hellcat too...

Rob