1/9 Kettenkrad (Revell)

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

1/9 Kettenkrad (Revell)

March 19th, 2017, 4:32 pm #1

Hello all,

I started this kit over 8 years ago and at some point it became a shelf queen for many years.
I finally restarted the project a few weeks ago and with most of the build being done I could stard applying some paint.

The old Revell kit needs quite some help to become a resonable representation of a Kettenkrad. The interior needs a complete rebuild and all kit parts have been reworked.

More of the build can be seen here;
http://public.fotki.com/Liejon/scale-mo ... 19-revell/

Liejon

March 19th, 2017, 8:26 pm #2

Brilliant improvement

March 20th, 2017, 11:16 am #3

Hello all,

I started this kit over 8 years ago and at some point it became a shelf queen for many years.
I finally restarted the project a few weeks ago and with most of the build being done I could stard applying some paint.

The old Revell kit needs quite some help to become a resonable representation of a Kettenkrad. The interior needs a complete rebuild and all kit parts have been reworked.

More of the build can be seen here;
http://public.fotki.com/Liejon/scale-mo ... 19-revell/

Liejon
Leon,

Super work. If you need interior shots I can help.

Here is what the water expansion tank actually looks like (original finish), as you can see its a red/brown colour.

David

Last edited by David Reay on March 20th, 2017, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2017, 12:36 pm #4

Thanks,

I'm going to change the colour of the tank.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how all electrical wiring runs.
From the Werkzeugkasten with the battery and fuse box to the front, the engine and rear convoy light.
Also the fuel lines, it seems the left and right tank are connected before going to the fuel pump.
I have pictures of many Kettenkrad but they all show differences in wiring.
It could be a restoration thing or modifications during production.

Liejon
Last edited by Liejon on March 20th, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.