1/72nd Scale Universal Carrier Mk.II*

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

1/72nd Scale Universal Carrier Mk.II*

April 22nd, 2012, 8:35 pm #1

It's based on the IBG kit but I've replaced the upper hull armour with .10 thou sheet. I've also added lots of rivets from Archer's Fine Transfer rivet decals and rebuilt the suspension.

The kit link and length tracks defeated me: bad fit, too broad a pitch and the cleat is not nearly prominent enough.

The solution?

I'll let you know.......

Steve

April 22nd, 2012, 8:43 pm #2

amazing detail, i bought a couple of the ir kits ... but when i saw the track links .... i flogged them on ebay at cut price

April 22nd, 2012, 9:16 pm #3

I wish I'd known! I've been looking for some of these.

Steve, outstanding work! I am overwhelmed at your skills and abilities!
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

April 22nd, 2012, 10:05 pm #4

It's based on the IBG kit but I've replaced the upper hull armour with .10 thou sheet. I've also added lots of rivets from Archer's Fine Transfer rivet decals and rebuilt the suspension.

The kit link and length tracks defeated me: bad fit, too broad a pitch and the cleat is not nearly prominent enough.

The solution?

I'll let you know.......

Steve
Excellent build Steve and your photos do it justice!

April 23rd, 2012, 10:41 pm #5

The solution?

I'll let you know.......

Steve
Appears that obsessive behaviour isn't the sole domain of Mr. Clark. I'm going to have to keep an out out for a bottle of that "obsessive behaviour" next time I'm browsing the tools section of one of our local hobby shops.

Looks fabulous Steve! And you have plenty of time to get it finished for London. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Wayne

April 24th, 2012, 9:29 am #6

The solution?

I'll let you know.......

Steve
amazing detail
keep us posted
I want to see some tracks on it!
Cheers Elliott

April 24th, 2012, 2:07 pm #7

The solution?

I'll let you know.......

Steve
work. I must to buy Archer rivets.

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/