1/72 ESCI-Three WWII German Half-tracks (IMG&Link Reviews)

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

1/72 ESCI-Three WWII German Half-tracks (IMG&Link Reviews)

May 15th, 2012, 1:37 pm #1

I have just posted ohttp://www.ww2germans.com/ three new Extended reviews of the figures available in ESCI half-track kits, namely Sd.Kfz.251/1, SdKfz.11, and SdKfz.250/3.
The images feature not only the painted standard figs and some conversions, but also the vehicles (which were painted & converted more than 10 years ago)... Still, the figs passed through an upgarde process in the last period...

For much more images and texts of the reviews please visit the above mentioned web-site. Direct links to the these reviews are provided on the Home page (Update 4).

I hope you will like them.

Cristian Florescu

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited by Panzer_Grenadire on May 15th, 2012, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 15th, 2012, 4:41 pm #2

Hello cristian, nice to see these Esci halftracks again, they are the backbone of my halftrack collection. I used them so many times I even have a seperate sparebox for them...

Those are still good figures to work with, and I know them all well. I used to cut off all their packings and binoculars to use as interior standard storage on the 250 series halftracks.
Same for the rifles and Schmeissers which may be slightly overscale but the detail is so good they look ok, especially when the gunblack base paint is touched over with light grey to reveal the detail.

The vehicles nowadays don't meet the standarts set so high by the new (Dragon/Revell) releases but with some work still stand proud. Yours are well painted too and good pics made.
I wish I could make time to replace the tracks on my Esci 250 series but I know it won't happen....

Keep those oldies comming Cristian, they deserve your carefull hands painting them !!

Alfred van Netburg

May 16th, 2012, 6:00 am #3

Hello Alfred,

Kind thanks for your message and I am extremely happy seeing you have enjoyed these kits...

Indeed, ESCI did a wonderful job for those times and I am glad Italeri has started to reissue most of those... Most of us greu up and developed abilities on the ESCI kits, so nice memories...Even the models presented here are painted 10 or more years ago...

I still have almost finished some old Hasegawa kits with figs but I think my next posts will focus on some newer products....and very rare encountered on the web....I can say those will be some "specials" intended to be posted when I launched my website but delayed a little due to the lack of time to finalise them...