1/48 Pz. III H Conversion

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

1/48 Pz. III H Conversion

June 21st, 2012, 3:16 pm #1

This build is part of the GB over on the ML 1/48 scale DG, but thought I would share a bit of it here. The majority of the various details necessary for the backdate/conversion have been scratch-built. Other than a set of pins for the tow shackles and some more clean up on the tow cable, I don't see anything else to do - but please let me know if you think there is anything missing or have any thoughts on finishing touches - not starting on painting it until the weekend

Lots of tiny details, including nearly a sprue's worth of Grandt Line nut-bolt castings! I decided to take the hub cap off one of the sprockets and make the hub detail - including all 20 rim bolts, whew!

Hope all find this interesting - don't hesitate to lob in comments!

Konrad

June 21st, 2012, 7:13 pm #2

Looks pretty damn nice so far. Congrats on the build.

June 21st, 2012, 8:08 pm #3

This build is part of the GB over on the ML 1/48 scale DG, but thought I would share a bit of it here. The majority of the various details necessary for the backdate/conversion have been scratch-built. Other than a set of pins for the tow shackles and some more clean up on the tow cable, I don't see anything else to do - but please let me know if you think there is anything missing or have any thoughts on finishing touches - not starting on painting it until the weekend

Lots of tiny details, including nearly a sprue's worth of Grandt Line nut-bolt castings! I decided to take the hub cap off one of the sprockets and make the hub detail - including all 20 rim bolts, whew!

Konrad
Looks really nice so far...please don't ruin an already fine-looking model by using those funky kit towing cables.

June 21st, 2012, 9:44 pm #4

Konrad
with those jerricans on the fender. Especially enjoy the track. Shaping up well.
Last edited by BILL APPLE on June 22nd, 2012, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 22nd, 2012, 1:57 am #5

Konrad
Howdy Konrad, that is one sharp looking Pz III. You certainly have done a lot of nice work with those modifications. The work on the left sprocket hub is tight. I agree that the kit tow cables do not appear to be up to par with the rest of the build. However your paint and weathering may make them snap.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

June 22nd, 2012, 6:07 pm #6

Konrad
Hello Konrad,

I think its just fantastic what you have done. I had thought of the same thing a few years ago with the 35 kits of the same but then Dragon started their new tooled III's. I absolutely love it and think you have done a wonderful job especially on a few scratch built parts. I enjoy seeing great Pz III builds and this is truly one .

Brian

June 22nd, 2012, 9:45 pm #7

Konrad
Really great build Konrad, looking forward to progress on this one,
David

June 23rd, 2012, 5:57 pm #8

Looks pretty damn nice so far. Congrats on the build.
Much appreciate the support!

Konrad

June 23rd, 2012, 5:58 pm #9

Looks really nice so far...please don't ruin an already fine-looking model by using those funky kit towing cables.
Appreciate the support - good call on the cable. I have dumped the plastic tow cable and used the ends and some home brewed copper cabling and brackets to replace it. Looks a lot better.

Konrad

June 23rd, 2012, 5:59 pm #10

with those jerricans on the fender. Especially enjoy the track. Shaping up well.
Apprecaite the suport - Pz. Reg. 8 it most definitely is. The jerry can rack and big stowage box are definite tells.

Konrad