1/35 Tamiya T-Rex Figure

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

1/35 Tamiya T-Rex Figure

February 25th, 2010, 1:40 am #1

Here is my current project... Tamiyas Tyrannosaurus in 1/35 scale... Did some adjustments to the neck area to raise the head into a forward facing pose and added styrene strips to the gap and filled it up with Milliput. The dorsal spines are also Milliput ( somewhat went to town with it ) and also added some lateral bumps with the extra Milliput I have... spray painted the whole thing with Vallejo Air black as basecoat and a combination of Black Gray alternated with Gray Green? for the dorsal (top) side and Green Gray for the ventral (under) side and black washed it with Windsor Newton oils... will do some drybrushes, and whatnots later... Please comment. Thanks and CHEERS!!!....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by RicoValdesJr on February 25th, 2010, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2010, 5:43 pm #2

would a swastika go on the tail?
Something reminds me of Luftwaffe about this.

Do this: Get on the Natchez Trace Parkway and drive to a spot known as Cypress Swamp. Take the trail down through the swamp, there may be a few baby alligators sunning themselves there, but keep going until you have gotten to the second river bed that is a lake, devoid of tupelo and bald cypress trees. Look carefully around you at all times, this is not just to see what you might miss, but this is to make sure you know what is watching you. There is a 13 foot alligator there and when you see him, make sure he doesn't see you. If he does, you might want to leave... But the thing is, you can probably learn more from watching him and looking at his "skin" than all the history channel and disney films ever made. Their skin looks a lot more like leather than you might expect. Tanned leather.

February 25th, 2010, 8:57 pm #3

Thanks for the critique, sir. I was initially contemplating on a reptilian colour scheme (crocodilian) but I considered the Avian-Dinosaur connection especially with the coelurosaurians that's why I opted for this specific scheme which isn't leathery at all.... But I like the idea of the tanned skin... Anyhoo, thanks and CHEERS!

February 26th, 2010, 12:27 am #4

Here is my current project... Tamiyas Tyrannosaurus in 1/35 scale... Did some adjustments to the neck area to raise the head into a forward facing pose and added styrene strips to the gap and filled it up with Milliput. The dorsal spines are also Milliput ( somewhat went to town with it ) and also added some lateral bumps with the extra Milliput I have... spray painted the whole thing with Vallejo Air black as basecoat and a combination of Black Gray alternated with Gray Green? for the dorsal (top) side and Green Gray for the ventral (under) side and black washed it with Windsor Newton oils... will do some drybrushes, and whatnots later... Please comment. Thanks and CHEERS!!!....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
but not really military in origin.

Now if you put that Balkankreuz on him then we gotta a whole different situation! But you do paint quite well!!

February 26th, 2010, 2:38 am #5

Appreciate the pat on the back. Yeah, I know it's not Military but this Dino is all I have at the moment... Dunno where to showcase it. Was thinking of posting it at the Diorama section but I'm more at home here in Figures... He! He!

February 26th, 2010, 3:47 am #6

you put a dead guy in his mouth then he'll fit right in!! Maybe from the JAGDF for authenticity!

February 26th, 2010, 11:40 am #7

... Thanks for the laugh Carter... Been hunting for a proper discussion group to post this bugger in but it's been hit & miss so far... Any suggestions?

February 26th, 2010, 2:25 pm #8

Those guys love the "what if" stuff, as in "what if mad nazi scientists had managed to pull the Jurassic Park stunt in their secret laboratories in the big dome (see link below) they buit in Saint-Omer?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Coupole

Just poking some Friday fun.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

February 26th, 2010, 3:34 pm #9

Thanks for the funny... Anyhoo, GO Canada!

February 26th, 2010, 7:24 pm #10

Hi Rico,

What a paint job, very nice. This looks a great kit and in 1/35? I like sci-fi as well as military modelling and this looks real interesting.
Nobody really knows what colour these guys were so hey go to town, and have some fun which you obviously have!
The JGSDF idea is very cool, perhaps a crushed vehicle or wrecked APC at his feet?
And leave it posted right here, a change is as good as a rest!
Thanks for sharing
Glen