1/35 tags for wounded and POWs?

March 6th, 2018, 9:19 pm #1

Does anyone know of someone who produces those tags? They appear on German POWS taken by the Americans after they were collected and processed but before they were taken to holding areas.

POW and Field Medical Cards

March 7th, 2018, 4:17 pm #2

Sorry, Cliff I don't know of anyone producing either of them in 1/35 scale. I think I still have a book of the field medical cards (unfortunately the more modern iteration of the form but IIRC it hadn't changed much) if I do I'll be happy to share a scan of one and you can try making one. No ideas on the POW cards though, I'll take a look through the stuff I've acquired over the years and see what I can come up with, but again it'll be a 1:1.

Doc

Thanks Doc, I would like to see that scan and would appreciate it if

March 7th, 2018, 4:50 pm #3

you would send me a scan of the POW tags if you find them. But don't go to too much trouble because the writing would be so small it would be impossible to read. Shape is more what I am after Thanks again
jclifford55atgma...
Last edited by J.Clifford on March 7th, 2018, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

US medical cards

March 9th, 2018, 4:00 am #4

Does anyone know of someone who produces those tags? They appear on German POWS taken by the Americans after they were collected and processed but before they were taken to holding areas.
There is a site that has a lot of US military medical items that has a whole page dedicated to emergency medical tags:

https://www.med-dept.com/articles/the-w ... dical-tag/

The medical tags look smaller than POW tags and from this video with the close-up of the POW tag actually showing "PRISONER OF WAR" printed on them.

https://youtu.be/lnSupm-ZC7o?t=48

Tags

March 9th, 2018, 2:08 pm #5

Cliff,

I got to say, TJ's find is a whole lot better than what I was able to locate - no joy on the POW tag, and the website pics are a whole lot better quality than the ones I was able to get from my friend who works for the AMEDD historical branch. I'd go with those personally.