1/35 IDF Tankers or Infantry

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

1/35 IDF Tankers or Infantry

August 5th, 2012, 10:33 pm #1

As I was building my AcademyMerkava 4 I was thinking - with Academy's two Merkava 4 kits and Hobby Boss& Meng Models Merkava 3 kits(I've read they have three more IDF armor kits in the works) Desert Eagle books and Sabingamartin books, AFV Centurions, Legends IDF conversions and Tamiya's 2 IDF Shermans, you would think that maybe MB or some other company would produce a few boxes of IDF Tankers and atleast one box of IDF Infantry. Master Club made some nice IDF Tankers in resin they had some infantry planed, but I have not yet seen them anywhere. Maybe Alpine or Evelution will produce some IDF figures in resin. Or CMK for that matter(not their old IDF stuff but ones that reflect circa 2000's gear ) I would like to see IDF infantry with the shower caps on their helmets and armed with Tavor rifles. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the rant. Cheers Joe

August 5th, 2012, 11:34 pm #2

August 6th, 2012, 6:36 am #3

As I was building my AcademyMerkava 4 I was thinking - with Academy's two Merkava 4 kits and Hobby Boss& Meng Models Merkava 3 kits(I've read they have three more IDF armor kits in the works) Desert Eagle books and Sabingamartin books, AFV Centurions, Legends IDF conversions and Tamiya's 2 IDF Shermans, you would think that maybe MB or some other company would produce a few boxes of IDF Tankers and atleast one box of IDF Infantry. Master Club made some nice IDF Tankers in resin they had some infantry planed, but I have not yet seen them anywhere. Maybe Alpine or Evelution will produce some IDF figures in resin. Or CMK for that matter(not their old IDF stuff but ones that reflect circa 2000's gear ) I would like to see IDF infantry with the shower caps on their helmets and armed with Tavor rifles. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the rant. Cheers Joe
Yeah some more IDF figures would sure be nice. I really like the look of the D-Toys Merkava crew figures but cannot find them anywhere.

August 6th, 2012, 7:54 am #4

I know they can be converted from various existing sets but I've never been great with figures. I would love to see some nice seated infantry for half tracks etc, or some exhausted tank crews for Yom Kippur scenes. Masterbox/Miniart are the ones to watch I think...

Jim - I have the D-Toys set and they are nice if a little small (serves well to illustrate the size of the Merk IV). But you seem to be right - I can't find them anywhere either! Are they oop already?

Cheers
Owen

August 6th, 2012, 8:45 am #5

this came in orange box how reeditions.

cheer.s

August 6th, 2012, 11:31 pm #6

did some modern afv crew.