1/35 brick or stone walls

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

1/35 brick or stone walls

Perry Lockhart
Perry Lockhart

July 21st, 2004, 4:14 am #1

hi everybody,

Where could I get some 1/35 or 1/32 scale resin brick or stone walls for my diorama? Do I have to make my own? Any comments gratefully accepted.

thank you,
Perry

Rick Purdy
Rick Purdy

July 21st, 2004, 4:34 am #2

Hi Perry!
Go to the "Vendor" DG here and find Tiger Productions Diorama Products entry
Cheers-n-beers
Rick

Perry Lockhart
Perry Lockhart

July 22nd, 2004, 2:15 am #3

I was tinking about putting a bodybag (w/ body inside ) in my diorama. How can this be done guys?

thanks
Perry

James Smith
James Smith

July 22nd, 2004, 7:57 am #4

...I don't think soldiers really bothered about them or had time for them during WW2(especially on the front line), but my apologies if any army did use body bags. It's just that I can not recall any photos from WW2 with body bags in them. For material I would go for aluminium foil(the really thin stuff) as the real ones were plastic or something very smooth and hence they have to be very smooth also in scale modeling. HTH, James and thanks for your help with the Jagdtiger diorama. Cheers, James

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

July 22nd, 2004, 10:17 pm #5

In this documentary that was too grim for wartime release, you will find footage of US graves registration teams placing dead GI's in what look to be GI mattress covers prior to burial. I believe the use of this mattress cover was fairly common in our forces during the war.

Bob

Jack fisher
Jack fisher

July 23rd, 2004, 12:42 am #6

hi everybody,

Where could I get some 1/35 or 1/32 scale resin brick or stone walls for my diorama? Do I have to make my own? Any comments gratefully accepted.

thank you,
Perry
Hansa buildings sell actual bricks so you can put your own wall together-it sounds tedious but actually turns out to be quite fun
http://www.hansasystemsusa.com/
here's a fireplace I built out of said bricks-they come that color.

Bob Potter
Bob Potter

July 23rd, 2004, 11:44 pm #7

hi everybody,

thank you,
Perry
If you live in the US, find a card and gift shop that sells this extensive line of character village models. Department 56 does some very fine, pre-painted field stone and city park wall sections, and some vinyl cobblestone, cut stone, and brick paving sheets. Don't be put off by the word, "vinyl," as these sheets take paint well and weather nicely. A purist might say that this stuff is too big for 1/35 but judge for yourself.

Happy hunting

Bob