1/16 SS-Oberschütze, 1941

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

1/16 SS-Oberschütze, 1941

March 18th, 2017, 5:40 am #1

This is a 1/16 Alpine figure that I have recently finished.

It's been painted with Vallejo, Tamiya and Jo Sonja acrylics and artist oils.

Thanks for looking

Jamie Degenhardt

Last edited by JamieDegenhardt on March 18th, 2017, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 18th, 2017, 8:05 am #2

Jamie,

Its always a pleasure to see your figures , but this one confuses me extremely...is it a Model or a drawing ?
Its impossible to judge a model when its created afterwards in a PC..or ?? I see you made dark(black) fill in on "edges" a la a drawing ?

Is it a boxart for a new Alpine figure, I might understand it a bit better though.

No it doesnt work totally for me !! Your "real" figures you did in the past has made me a BIG fan of your work.

Best

Mirko
Last edited by mirkobayerl on March 18th, 2017, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 18th, 2017, 9:06 am #3

Thanks for looking

Jamie Degenhardt

Stunning & crisp as always. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh- I witnessed you buying this one, it's no PC rendering! I hope you keep churning out a few 1/16 figgys from time to time.

Nice work on the weathered field equipment too...you've studied your references well.😁

Regards,

Dan M

March 18th, 2017, 9:38 am #4

Jamie,

Its always a pleasure to see your figures , but this one confuses me extremely...is it a Model or a drawing ?
Its impossible to judge a model when its created afterwards in a PC..or ?? I see you made dark(black) fill in on "edges" a la a drawing ?

Is it a boxart for a new Alpine figure, I might understand it a bit better though.

No it doesnt work totally for me !! Your "real" figures you did in the past has made me a BIG fan of your work.

Best

Mirko
...although I think you might be overestimating my PC skills. I think this is essentially what he looks like in the flesh,
but yes he did need some tweaking, if I'd posted it straight from the camera he'd look like he was walking through a very thick fog!😀

I think the black outline you refer to might be the result of my ham fisted attempt to put the background back to its original white colour rather than the dingy grey that comes out in the raw photos.

Regards

Jamie
Last edited by JamieDegenhardt on March 18th, 2017, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 18th, 2017, 9:42 am #5

Stunning & crisp as always. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh- I witnessed you buying this one, it's no PC rendering! I hope you keep churning out a few 1/16 figgys from time to time.

Nice work on the weathered field equipment too...you've studied your references well.😁

Regards,

Dan M
Yes, the equipment book is as equally well thumbed as the cam books, thanks again....and you are welcome to them whenever you want.....

Regards

Jamie

March 18th, 2017, 2:00 pm #6

Thanks for looking

Jamie Degenhardt

colors and tones look spot on to me,specially the cammo and the gear. I love the texture on the canteen,very nice. The wool uniform looks a bit clean to me but hey...early war,not too much drudgery yet.
J

March 18th, 2017, 6:07 pm #7

Thanks for looking

Jamie Degenhardt

Magnificently painted. !!

March 19th, 2017, 2:20 am #8

Thanks for looking

Jamie Degenhardt

tigerproductions1@hotmail.com

Thanks