1:16 Panzer IV engine bay

May 23rd, 2017, 4:32 pm #1

Hello everyone,

I have almost finished work on my engine bay which has involved quite a bit of head scratching. The model depicts the full cold weather heat exchange system which appears to be common to many of the Panzer IVs. None of the parts are fixed yet so that they can be broken down for paint and it only remains to add the fuel system to an on the engine and the belt drive system for the fans. Only the radiator boxes have been retained from the kit parts.

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Completely spectacular!

May 23rd, 2017, 4:48 pm #2

The crisp detail and precision work is just amazing.

WOW

May 23rd, 2017, 5:14 pm #3

Hello everyone,

I have almost finished work on my engine bay which has involved quite a bit of head scratching. The model depicts the full cold weather heat exchange system which appears to be common to many of the Panzer IVs. None of the parts are fixed yet so that they can be broken down for paint and it only remains to add the fuel system to an on the engine and the belt drive system for the fans. Only the radiator boxes have been retained from the kit parts.

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

WOW

Incredibly detailed.

May 23rd, 2017, 7:45 pm #4

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Another one bites the dust ! Brilliant workmanship !

David, that's simply fabulous..

May 23rd, 2017, 7:47 pm #5

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

.. what superb scratch and detailing work (as always).

This will be another stunner.

Incredible!!

May 24th, 2017, 6:35 am #6

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Well David, your work is really in a league of its own.
Not only that but you're a master of all modelling disciplines.

How are those gate valve handles made?

Leigh
Last edited by Leigh Coote on May 24th, 2017, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Modelling Artwork.

May 24th, 2017, 9:04 am #7

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Amazing detail, even the crews chewing gum on the firewall and fender.

Liejon

Nice work!

May 24th, 2017, 10:36 am #8

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

Very nice work you show here David.
Cann't wait to see it painted!

Cheers
Erik

What gets me is all of the

May 24th, 2017, 6:50 pm #9

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

plethora of nuts and washers and nary a glue mark or smudge ! I just can't seem to get that to happen. The small attention to detail is always nice to see,like the braided ground wie between the radiators. I am still in awe of the valve wheels as well. Man o man.
J

V - belts

June 5th, 2017, 8:01 pm #10

Hello everyone,

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

When will you add the v-belts in this build, right at the end or during construction?

Great work

William