After Army

T@rget
Known nation-wide
T@rget
Known nation-wide

6:24 AM - Apr 04, 2012 #1

The trip across the channel is short and uneventful.
“Are you from Brench?” The officer asks when I docked. “You are to report to Sergeant Santillas at Calista.”

When I got to Calista I reported Sergeant Santillas. He said, “I heard that you are good at procuring supplies? Well I need you to resupply these posts.” He handed me scroll.
“I thought I would be stationed here. I just got promoted.”
“No. Your job is just to help resupply and what are you talking about just got promoted.”
“I’ll have you know I am Sergeant back in Brench.”

He gave me a laugh and said, “You mean that rabble over there actually like to play solder? Just get going.”

I leave felling very insulted. I served four years and that idiot just passed it off as nothing. But I remind myself that my plan is not to keep serving as a solder but to make enough money to become my own man.
What happens if I cut the red one?

T@rget
Known nation-wide
T@rget
Known nation-wide

12:39 AM - Apr 11, 2012 #2

My supply route takes me along the smaller garrisons along the smaller roads. The needs of each post is different, sometimes they need shoes or maybe the need food. I don’t have time to by any of the higher profit stuff like spices; in fact there is no demand for it at all. There are 15 garrisons along my route.

“So what do you have for me?”
“Well Tim, I’ve some wheat.” I cringe. Sure wheat is easy to sell but that’s the point I don’t need to do anything to sell it.
“What do you need?”
“Well… We have three new recruiters, so we need so weapons.”

That is promising weapons can have a higher profit. Now I need find cheap weapons.

Things don’t change until I get a package from Willym. This is something I don’t at all expect. Then again Bersha must have received the horse I sent her. I open it and it is a small stone with a hole in the center. It also has the same markings as my whip. I am so worked up but keep in under control. I don’t really want people to know about my whip if it does have magic like the elders say.

I unbraid the tip if the whip, then I reweave the tip with the stone in it.
Last edited by T@rget on 12:41 AM - Apr 11, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

T@rget
Known nation-wide
T@rget
Known nation-wide

2:31 AM - Apr 15, 2012 #3

Because I don’t want anyone to know what my whip does so I make sure to find a secluded grove to find out what it does. It takes an hour to find an open enough to test out my whip. By the time I make it I am shaking with anticipation.

I give the whip a hard crack. I wait. Nothing seems to be happening so I crack it a few more times. Nothing. A whip is versatile weapon so I try all the tricks I can think of. I try using the pommel as a hammer. I grab a branch. When nothing happens, I head back to my wagon.

I realize now that leave it was just about the stupidest thing I could have done. All the locks have been broken. Nothing is left. Luckily for me I did not have anything to valuable, just shoes and rations.

T@rget
Known nation-wide
T@rget
Known nation-wide

10:57 PM - Apr 28, 2012 #4

After I resupply at Calista I head out to the outlying forts. I start by heading out east to Snada. I could have started closer but the port if Snada hasn’t been resupplied in months. Most merchants don’t care to go there because the trek over the Perserus Mountains is arduous. The nice thing about traveling on the main land and not to colonies is that there is much less bandits on the road.

“So what supplies do you need?”
“We need wheat, hard tack and some shoes.”
“Okay I have all that. I have a question? Why is it that you just don’t get resupplied by ocean?”
“Oh don’t get me started on that stupid bureaucratic idiocy. I have to get supplies from an official source.”

“Well I have drawn up what I am delivering. On the bottom is the amount.”

This is not the way I pictured being a merchant. Endless days on the road, dealing with bored quartermasters. I move on the next fort. It is one small fort after another. It is that same routine until I make it to one that is particularly far out in the rugged woods. It has only five solders.

I show up and the one in charge came to me and said, “It is good that you show up when you did. A scout just got back with a report. He reports that there is a horde of sarkara is growing. Well he did not actually see them but he saw what was left over.”
“What is a sarkara?”
With a puzzled look the commander said, “Those wild drakes with the bulging heads.”
“Oh, we call kite lizards where I’m from.”
He shrugged and said, “Anyway, we need to load up heavy weapons in your wagon to put the horde down.”
“No. I am just here to resupply you garrison.”
“Your contract states that you are to render service when need. Your wagon is needed.”

He is right. I help unload to make space for sarkara weapons. It takes us an hour to get where we are going . It is almost night time so we have to set up camp