Who's got the "Mike Brown Still Sucks" Bumper Sticker?

Who's got the "Mike Brown Still Sucks" Bumper Sticker?

August 16th, 2016, 1:07 am #1

This is a very belated post, but we ought to address something. I hope you all read about this back in July, from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

A glass of Pepsi in his right hand, his left hand pocketed, Mike Brown rocked on his feet slightly and laughed at himself a bit.

He was recently told of a worn bumper sticker on a pickup truck driving into downtown Cincinnati that read, “Mike Brown still stinks,” and he referenced Richard M. Nixon’s concession speech in 1962, when the candidate for California governor proclaimed he was no longer going to be a punching bag.

“What the heck, I’m in a business where there’s got to be someone to kick around,” Brown said with a chuckle. “I’m happy to be kicked around. I’m still here. Go at it if you will.”

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... /87582600/
Okay, you know that last word wasn't "stinks." As Paul Daugherty once told Storm, it's hard to get "sucks" in the newspaper.

Tacit conformation comes from Hobson:

The race for the presidency got Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan telling Brown a story Monday night at Lewis’ annual kick-off party for his coaches and front office staff. While Brennan was driving, he got behind a vehicle extolling the virtues of Republican nominee Donald Trump with two bumper stickers, one of which was rather obscene. Brennan couldn’t quite fathom what it said and when he looked closer he saw that a third bumper sticker that read, “Mike Brown Still Bleeps.”

No one laughed harder than Brown and he was still telling the story Tuesday. He even offered it to the microphones.

“What the heck? I'm in a business where there's going to be someone to kick around, as Nixon once said,” Brown said. “You don't have me to kick around anymore -- you remember his speech? I'm happy to be kicked around. I'm still here. So go at it if you will.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/M ... 5aff1bb651
So which one of you gents has a pickup sporting this weathered bumper sticker? I hope it was one of us. Come on, fess up. The Hobson piece makes me wonder if it was Murf.

I doubt if the audio is downloadable, but it's worth a look.

August 16th, 2016, 2:19 am #2

Wish it was me

Wish we knew who it was lol

September 26th, 2016, 2:00 am #3

This is a very belated post, but we ought to address something. I hope you all read about this back in July, from the Cincinnati Enquirer:

A glass of Pepsi in his right hand, his left hand pocketed, Mike Brown rocked on his feet slightly and laughed at himself a bit.

He was recently told of a worn bumper sticker on a pickup truck driving into downtown Cincinnati that read, “Mike Brown still stinks,” and he referenced Richard M. Nixon’s concession speech in 1962, when the candidate for California governor proclaimed he was no longer going to be a punching bag.

“What the heck, I’m in a business where there’s got to be someone to kick around,” Brown said with a chuckle. “I’m happy to be kicked around. I’m still here. Go at it if you will.”

Okay, you know that last word wasn't "stinks." As Paul Daugherty once told Storm, it's hard to get "sucks" in the newspaper.

The race for the presidency got Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan telling Brown a story Monday night at Lewis’ annual kick-off party for his coaches and front office staff. While Brennan was driving, he got behind a vehicle extolling the virtues of Republican nominee Donald Trump with two bumper stickers, one of which was rather obscene. Brennan couldn’t quite fathom what it said and when he looked closer he saw that a third bumper sticker that read, “Mike Brown Still Bleeps.”

No one laughed harder than Brown and he was still telling the story Tuesday. He even offered it to the microphones.

“What the heck? I'm in a business where there's going to be someone to kick around, as Nixon once said,” Brown said. “You don't have me to kick around anymore -- you remember his speech? I'm happy to be kicked around. I'm still here. So go at it if you will.”

So which one of you gents has a pickup sporting this weathered bumper sticker? I hope it was one of us. Come on, fess up. The Hobson piece makes me wonder if it was Murf.

what a POS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyMo7Ow7f8
Last edited by LoyaltyClause on September 26th, 2016, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2018, 2:14 am #4

We finally get to see the video. Check it out.

http://cin.ci/2F2F8kG

I still highly doubt that the bumper sticker used the word "stinks".

Another old thread, this one about MB's press conference that birthed that gem.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1480394988
Last edited by psychostats on January 24th, 2018, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2018, 2:36 am #5

Funny how Mike Brown refers to what people think about him is a perception like they are wrongly perceiving him to be very bad at his job

BTW speaking of Paul Daugherty , did I ever share the story of when I flew on a plane with him to Seattle?

January 24th, 2018, 5:57 am #6

No you didn't. Do tell, please.

January 24th, 2018, 10:18 am #7

He called me once. Not to outdo Storm. I'd rather hear his story 1st.

January 25th, 2018, 12:00 am #8

Was flying to Seattle in 2007 to see the Bengals Seahawk game, PD was sitting two seats over from me, I was in a great mood and feeling playful, I look over and tell him I'm flying to Seattle to see the Bengals, I could tell he didn't want to be bothered so I started telling him about Shaun Alexander and how he was from Florence Ky, he was like yeah I know and looked back down at his magazine, then I said hey, did you know that Ken Griffey Jr was from Cincinnati? he looked very uncomfortable and said, yes I know that, so then I said, did you know that the Cincinnati airport was in Kentucky? He looked up with a painful look on his face like great I'm on a 5 hour flight with a retard , I then let him off the hook and explained that I knew who he was and was just messing with him, he had a look off relief and smiled and said shew lol

And right on que a baby that was with a woman sitting next to him started crying , that baby cried for what seemed to be an hour straight, I look at him and he just shakes his head and puts his face in his hands , he has to remember that flight, probably the last time he evcer flew coach lol

January 26th, 2018, 1:01 am #9

That's a good story, Storm. Messin' with Daugherty, lol.

Falc, you're up.
Last edited by psychostats on January 26th, 2018, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 29th, 2018, 2:59 am #10

So, back in the 90s when I was still living in the Nati, I was reading the Enquirer. The PD Column happened to be on it--and it discussed Marge Schott in a bad light.

Of course Margie deserves the bad light. Nazi armbands. The smoking. The "honey" thing. But she was a winner on the ballfield for the most part.

I was unfamiliar with PD at the time. So, at the end of his article, there is a number to call to leave a VM.

I couldn't resist. I called. I left a semi-scathing message about how Marge Schott is getting all this attention and he's forgetting about somebody:

Mike F. Brown

Then the improbable happened--he called me back.

I couldn't believe it.

First off, the shock (I don't think) didn't wear off that he called me during the duration of the call. Second, he calmly explained to me that I wasn't familiar with PD Columns and he grills Mikehole consistently.

We talked for about 20 minutes about how Mike Brown is pretty much an a-hole (that probably came from me)...

It was a pleasant conversation for the most part--but I got the feeling that he was somewhat annoyed by me not knowing about his other articles. LOL

Confirmation of reply: