What does the NFL want? What will they do to get it?

What does the NFL want? What will they do to get it?

January 21st, 2018, 4:04 pm #1

It's Championship week and the pairings will soon be set for the Super Bowl.

We have teams from Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, and Jacksonville.
There is the potential for a SB that will only be of interest to the New England area.
We have 3 no-name, low talent QB and Tom Brady. There is also the potential for a defense dominated game due to poor QB match up.

What match up do you think the NFL wants?

What will the NFL do to help make it happen?

My take is the NFL would prefer to New England and Minnesota. This is due to a potentially larger portion of the country being interested because of geography. (East coast and Midwest). As well this also places the "GOAT" QB in the game.

I feel that the NFL will officiate both games with different enforcement of rules. The AFC game will call the game with more DPI and passing game friendly penalties. This would obviously favor New England, as it would dampen the strength of JAx and enhance the strength of New England.

January 21st, 2018, 5:16 pm #2

Will look for your prediction

January 22nd, 2018, 2:49 am #3

It's Championship week and the pairings will soon be set for the Super Bowl.

We have teams from Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, and Jacksonville.
There is the potential for a SB that will only be of interest to the New England area.
We have 3 no-name, low talent QB and Tom Brady. There is also the potential for a defense dominated game due to poor QB match up.

What match up do you think the NFL wants?

What will the NFL do to help make it happen?

My take is the NFL would prefer to New England and Minnesota. This is due to a potentially larger portion of the country being interested because of geography. (East coast and Midwest). As well this also places the "GOAT" QB in the game.

I feel that the NFL will officiate both games with different enforcement of rules. The AFC game will call the game with more DPI and passing game friendly penalties. This would obviously favor New England, as it would dampen the strength of JAx and enhance the strength of New England.

Admittedly I didn't watch the games closely, but I only noticed one thing about the officiating. In Foxboro they didn't call pass interference very tight at all.

When the league does something to grease the skids it's going to be very subtle. If they told one crew to do one thing and another to do something else, it would be too obvious. So now we have two east coast teams, which isn't ideal for the league like you said, but they won't suffer much for it.

Confirmation of reply: