Week 1 snap shot

Week 1 snap shot

September 12th, 2011, 12:36 pm #1

I will start with the Bengals.
Won a game nobody gave them a chance in, on the road vs a rival with 3 rookies starting on offense.
The back up qb is awful.
I was starting to wish for Kitna at times.
Dalton is the real deal.
The defense shows a glaring issue at safety right now.
Good win to start the season.

Steelers--somebody should call Pittsburgh and tell them that the preseason is over.

Ravens--we will see how they end up.

Colts--Manning will be replaced with Luck b/c they will have the first pick in the draft without Manning.
Wow, talk about an embarrassing performance.
Caldwell will be fired at the end of the season if Manning is out all year.

Cowboys--are still the Cowboys, the most over rated and over hyped team in the NFL
Chargers--are still the Chargers, as long as Norv is there, they are nothing but big stats.
Falcons--Matt Ryan is still an average qb
Panthers--according to the media, Cam Newton will be inducted into the Hall of Fame next week, after playing in 1 game vs a bad team and still lost.
Bills--they are going to be that team this year..the team that should never win but ends up 8-8
Eagles--all you have to do is blitz Vick and run the ball on them
Redskins--better than most give them credit for
Lions--looked good but played a bad team
Jax--ugly--play the rookie
Tenn--start the rookie and move on
Chiefs--Haley fired by mid season
49ers--good win, team might have something this year
Seahawks--Call Mike Brown and offer something crazy to get Palmer, Jackson makes Akili Smith look good.
Giants--looked bad
Jets--will make some noise again this year, but then that noise becomes silent when it counts.

New England should roll the Dolphins
Broncos will beat up on Oakland

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

September 12th, 2011, 2:16 pm #2

uh if Dalton doesn't get hurt the Bengals probably lose that game, he may have not seen the open receiver, the Bengals need to stick with Kowski if they want to win a few games

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

September 12th, 2011, 2:52 pm #3

Murf says:

"Dalton is the real deal.
The defense shows a glaring issue at safety right now.
Good win to start the season."

Everyone is giddy bout Dalton. Not knocking him, but the offense had a total of 120 yards in the first half against the Browns. Many opportunties to score from a short field and one TD. If Palmer had done that, the same sheep would be in revolt. Defense did the work yesterday. Safety is a train wreck. Reggie Nelson showed why he was cut by Jacksonville and if ever given a chance, Mays will show why he was given away by the Niners.

September 12th, 2011, 3:18 pm #4

Ravens--we will see how they end up. ~ Murf

That's all you have after they completely dominated your Steelers? The Steelers forgot preseason was over?

Did you not like the Steelers and how they play? lol

I agree with Storm on his comment.

September 12th, 2011, 4:53 pm #5

I do like the Steelers and how they play.
Love the coach, he might not be a great x's and o's guy, but he is a leader and the team believes in him.
I never heard of him when Pittsburgh hired him and was not sure if he was the right choice to take over a Superbowl team, but he has been great.

1 game with 7 turnovers..
We get giggles and his pad level talk.

We will see how the Ravens end the season...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

September 12th, 2011, 7:21 pm #6

Murf, don't you preach "system"? So it would not matter who the hire is in Pittsburgh. As long as they have some horse sense.

You referring to Marvin as giggles is hilarious. Makes me chuckle every time.

I was shocked when they threw the challenge flag on the pass interference/tipped ball non call. Never would have happened in the past.

September 12th, 2011, 7:33 pm #7

I figured we would win 4 to 5 games this year and I did think they would beat the Browns. For the life of me I simply did not understand the love affair with the Browns this year. Their draft was stupid and their players really suck. Oh well, glad we got that one and the rest of the world now realizes what anyone who spent a little time looking could see: The Browns are terrible.

The next few games will actually give us a real idea of what the hell is going on but I am glad they beat the worst team in the NFL like they should have.

September 12th, 2011, 8:32 pm #8

Speaking of Reggie Nelson, what they gave up (David Jones) is now available. I had always liked him. Well both of them I like. A few bonehead plays by Reggie, but late in the game he was making big hits and playing tough.

September 12th, 2011, 8:55 pm #9

"The biggest improvement a team makes is from week 1 to week 2". So I will wait and see to make any predictions. Some teams looked really goood and some looked really bad. You NEVER know what you're getting first week.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

September 12th, 2011, 11:04 pm #10

The Bungs rolled the Browns while the Browns we acting like the Bungs (false starts, stupid penalties etc...). About the time Cleveland stopped shooting itself in the foot, the bungs couldn't do anything productive. The icing on the cake is this team won that game as soon as Cleveland fducked up again. marveena should have the team get out the crayola crayons (16 box, mikehole won't spring for the 32 or 64 box) and send thank you notes to the Browns.

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep
Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

Confirmation of reply: