Urban Meyer - Next Coach of OSU...

Urban Meyer - Next Coach of OSU...

November 12th, 2011, 10:55 pm #1

Per my source,

Urban Meyer to be named head coach of OSU - possibly annoucned this year before the scUM game. he takes over next year.

...and Luke Fickell to remain as Defensive Coordinator for about a million a year.
Bollman and Heacock out.

Stay tuned...rumors are getting rampant.

My source was out at Ruth Chris the other night. Les Wexner was there. Done deal this week. OSU did not want to lose him to PSU.

"Insert witty quotation here"

November 12th, 2011, 10:57 pm #2

First feeling was--what about Meyer's health problems? Is this going to be an issue or will he retire after one year?

Second feeling was THANK F*CKING GOD--if you're right.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

November 13th, 2011, 12:53 am #3

bronco, you are saying some real intersting things lately, I have no reason to doubt this rumor especially in light of developments at Penn State. All that said, why would he want the stress? That is his biggest complaint and he is sitting in a booth now, no notes, no preparation, just talking about stuff off the top of his head....and he gets paid handsomely from ESPN.

November 13th, 2011, 1:07 am #4

<p>Because he is NOT saying he is unavailable as a coach right now...he was quote recently saying he misses it but is enjoying watching his kids games too...he has supposedly bought a house in cbus. If Les Wexner is involved like bronco says..then he has the power and resources to do all the above...bollman needs to go..not surr about heathcock though.</p><p>I hope all you say is true bronco...we need some good news here...its ugly lately. </p>

November 13th, 2011, 3:41 am #5

Per my source,

Urban Meyer to be named head coach of OSU - possibly annoucned this year before the scUM game. he takes over next year.

...and Luke Fickell to remain as Defensive Coordinator for about a million a year.
Bollman and Heacock out.

Stay tuned...rumors are getting rampant.

My source was out at Ruth Chris the other night. Les Wexner was there. Done deal this week. OSU did not want to lose him to PSU.

Bronco,

Tell your source to hog tie Meyer yesterday and get him here ASAP!! Maybe he can show the team how to kick an extra point.

November 18th, 2011, 1:29 am #6

Interesting that I read urban recently met with arizona about their HC opening.......although he turned them down would he interview or discuss if he is locked up by tOSU?

November 18th, 2011, 4:55 am #7

Blood in the water.

Reports out of C-bus saying Meyer is a done deal.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 yrs, 36 million.

November 18th, 2011, 4:57 am #8

Bronco, is this the same source that said Jon Gruden might coach the Bungs next year?

November 19th, 2011, 12:26 am #9

WFAN Neft sports radio tonight was hilarious....he was calling out everyone who "claims" to have an inside source or guy in OSU athletics.... He was calling their bluff trying to get them to say who their source was....every dude ended up hanging up who called in.

It's hilarious because it's true....everybody claims to have an inside guy here.

November 19th, 2011, 1:41 am #10

I wont name names. That is kind of stupid and outing them would prevent me from getting info in the future.

My OSU sources are:

1. A journalist in Columbus. He writes for an online company that focuses on OSU (not a blog).

2. A former college(drinking) buddy whose sister is married to a current OSU coach. (Brother in law for you West Virginians, out there.)

3. A former college (drinking) buddy who does business with Les Wexner quite a bit. Lex Wexner is on the OSU Board of Trustees.

The journalist is the one who told me about the Gruden to Cincy possibility. I tend to believe that much of it was predicated on this year being AWFUL. Since that hasnt occurred.........

Confirmation of reply: