UC Basketball

UC Basketball

February 19th, 2018, 1:18 pm #1

23-4, #5 in the country yet 0-3 against ranked teams? LMAO. Headed for another early postseason exit just like the Bungs and Deads. It's a tradition here in the Queen City. Munchkin Mick I hope you're fired soon. I wonder what Coach K, Bill Self, Roy Williams or Calipari would do with this team. #Overrated

February 19th, 2018, 5:19 pm #2

It looks like the ranking system needs work. At best UC is a 23 or so ranked team. The last two games exposed UC's weaknesses and as was stated a poor record against higher ranked teams. UC looks like the 3rd best team in the AAC and probably will get beat in the SF's of their own tournament and will lose in the 2nd round of the Dance again. Team sports both at the pro and college level aren't very good in this town now.

February 19th, 2018, 11:12 pm #3

23-4, #5 in the country yet 0-3 against ranked teams? LMAO. Headed for another early postseason exit just like the Bungs and Deads. It's a tradition here in the Queen City. Munchkin Mick I hope you're fired soon. I wonder what Coach K, Bill Self, Roy Williams or Calipari would do with this team. #Overrated
They haven't played anyone except 3 good teams

February 19th, 2018, 11:43 pm #4

Part of UC's problem began when they left the Big East conference and went into the AAC a much weaker conference. That affected their recruiting both with football and basketball. Now they are relegated to a weaker conference which they can't dominate in also. This means UC plays mainly weak teams which reminds me of the Gale Catlett era where UC played a cup cake schedule to get into the Dance where they were quickly eliminated. Looks like they've returned to that era.

February 20th, 2018, 1:49 am #5

can never beat the best teams
===============================================
1991-2017 the putrid reign of Mikey Brown:
Record in Prime Time: 12 wins, 33 losses (0.267)
Record vs the Steelers: 14 wins, 42 losses (0.250)
Record vs AFC Playoff Teams: 32 wins, 116 losses (0.216)

March 3rd, 2018, 4:08 am #6

Maybe if they can beat Wichita on Sunday and win a damn game against a ranked opponent then maybe I'll feel better about this team's chances. If they lose, it's just gonna be another early tourney exit like last year. People who say this team has final four potential are smoking something.

March 3rd, 2018, 4:31 am #7

Also it's Senior night at wichita so it will be even tougher. I haven't seen the odds yet so I'd put Wichita -5. Also recall Wichita and UC were in the old Missouri Valley league so their rivalry goes way back. It'll definitely be an uphill battle for UC down there.

March 4th, 2018, 3:22 pm #8

I just found out it's Wichita -3. I was a little off but it'll be a real physical game but unfortunately Wichita will prevail for the reasons outlined in a previous thread. I hope UC gets it done but in the manner of typical Cincinnati teams the cards are stacked against them.

March 4th, 2018, 7:10 pm #9

Great ballgame. UC wins 62-61 against a very good Wichita team. Wichita had a chance to win with 9.3 sec left but UC played great defense at that time to deny Wichita a shot at the bucket.
Last edited by bengalbear on March 4th, 2018, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2018, 7:12 pm #10

Amazing. UC finally beats a top 25 team on the road in an extremely hostile environment and wins a game I thought they couldn't. Now they have to get it done in the AAC tournament and it gives me more faith that they can make a run in the NCAA tourney. Big quality win.

Confirmation of reply: