The worst bengals coaching scenario

The worst bengals coaching scenario

January 1st, 2012, 2:26 am #1

If you look at number 6, it says its possible Jon Gruden and Mike Zimmer will get head coaching considerations.

There goes any chance for next year! I could see Zimmer for sure, but Gruden did put the bengals in playoff contention with a rookie QB. Thats quite a accomplishment even if it were the Patriots, the fact its the Bengals makes it 10 times more impressive.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

January 1st, 2012, 3:17 am #2

Was there supposed to be a link, Whit?

Anyway, I don't think there has ever been a time when the Bengals had two semi "hot" coaching candidates on their staff at the same time. Not with this kind of Buzz.

Coslett and LeBeau under Wyche? Infante and Bullough under Gregg? Not really, best as I can recall.

Paul Brown went into el cheapo mode when he had to replace a coordinator. Which meant that he didn't. The other staff members had to pitch in. We'll see what his son does if he loses one or both the current guys.

January 1st, 2012, 3:22 am #3

If you look at number 6, it says its possible Jon Gruden and Mike Zimmer will get head coaching considerations.

There goes any chance for next year! I could see Zimmer for sure, but Gruden did put the bengals in playoff contention with a rookie QB. Thats quite a accomplishment even if it were the Patriots, the fact its the Bengals makes it 10 times more impressive.

Jay or Jon Gruden?

Jon has been mentioned as a candidate in San Diego or somewhere else if AJ Smith ends up somewhere else, but Jay?

January 1st, 2012, 3:23 am #4

yeah forgot to post it. doesn't mention much but its does mention it

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denv ... nce-123011

January 1st, 2012, 3:24 am #5

Jay or Jon Gruden?

Jon has been mentioned as a candidate in San Diego or somewhere else if AJ Smith ends up somewhere else, but Jay?
I'm sure that Whit meant Jay.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... mer/2.html
Last edited by psychostats on January 1st, 2012, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 1st, 2012, 4:38 am #6

Wow! That's awesome! Good for both of them.

Confirmation of reply: