The team that has the head coach the Bengals should have as coach official gameday thread

The team that has the head coach the Bengals should have as coach official gameday thread

January 21st, 2018, 5:49 pm #1

Go Vikings

Stick it to Marvin and Mike Brown

You know they are rooting for the Eagles
Last edited by stormincincy on January 21st, 2018, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 22nd, 2018, 1:10 am #2

Vikings down 24-7 at the half. They gave up 10 points in about the last 90 seconds. Zimmer's D looking like they're playing for the Bungs. SMH

January 22nd, 2018, 1:51 am #3

Go Vikings

I was looking for the Mike Zimmer is a putz thread. I cannot ever remember a Marvin era Bengals team entering the tournament as conference favorites. They needed the worst non-Bengals collapse by an opponent to win last week, and this week are getting humiliated by Nick Foles.

Unrelated but above psycho mentioned the Eagles aggressiveness in the last 90 seconds of the first half. For one shame on Zimmer for playing a soft zone (probably not a "prevent" but damn near one). But more importantly great that the Eagles were so aggressive. The Jaguars coach Marrone in a similar situation today chose to take two knees only 37 yards away from the CBS fg line and nearly 1:00 on the clock. IMO the Jaguars lost that game at that point. Now that seemed like Marvin move.

January 22nd, 2018, 1:54 am #4

Go Vikings

Fire Zimmer

January 22nd, 2018, 2:01 am #5

Go Vikings

31-7 in the fourth quarter. Goodnight, Irene.

Make that 38-7 in the fourth quarter, because as I typed that the eagles scored another touchdown.

Looks like the Vikings forgot to stop celebrating their miracle win last week. They really listened to Zimmer about what they did wrong, alright. I wonder if this game would have been any better if it had been the Saints going to Philly.

January 22nd, 2018, 6:50 am #6

Go Vikings

I was rooting for the Vikings, but sheesh, that was terrible to watch. Although, I'm glad they lost like that rather than by a FG or a last minute TD. That sort of loss is heartbreaking. At least this didn't get my hopes up. I was also aware, as I posted previously, that the Vikings are cursed as well. It's unfortunate. I now am a fan of two cursed teams.

The Vikings were terrible - no other way around it. They looked lost and unprepared. They pulled a Bengals in that they started off strong with a TD, but then they threw that interception, and it took all the wind out of their sails. I know they are supposed to have the best defense, but the defense looked terrible. They could not get off the field - allowing well over 400 yards of total offense, and I think it was their worst game of the season. The Eagles converted seamlessly on what seemed like every third down. The defense was exhausted because they couldn't get off the field. The offense was unable to do anything either. Every play was a short dump off pass to McKinnon. They couldn't get anything going. Pat Schurmur (offensive coordinator) is off to be head coach of the Giants apparently. Perhaps his head was in his next gig? They said he wanted to evaluate QBs at the senior bowl. However, I am sure he wanted to win. After all, you have a chance to win a Super Bowl after working with a group of guys all year, and getting to a Super Bowl is rare, so I'm sure he wanted to go. Also, I'm sure he'd have rather gone into NY as a Super Bowl winner than the coach who was badly beaten in the NFC Championship game.

Mike Zimmer still took the team from the basement to a 13-3 record, a playoff win, and an NFC Championship in 4 years. I haven't given up on him. This was a terrible showing, though.

January 22nd, 2018, 2:02 pm #7

Go Vikings

Agreed that they couldn't have played any worse than they did. The Eagles meant business, and Nick Foles played flawlessly, they deserve credit also.

Just pointing out the Marvin/Zimmer double standard that exits. Based on watching the Vikings more closely these last two weeks than I have all season (playing "Marvinball" with a big lead, winning only because the Saints DB made the most bone headed play in may NFL playoffs history, then the embarrassing showing as road favorites vs Nick Foles) the apple has stayed closer to the tree than most Bengals fans tend to think.
Last edited by wyche on January 22nd, 2018, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: