The only thing left hanging....

The only thing left hanging....

January 3rd, 2018, 2:58 am #1

Will Cincinnati get a MLS soccer team. Based on what I heard I'd set the odds as 50-50. Even though I'm not an ardent soccer fan I think pro soccer has more potential here than either baseball or football. A lot of folks supporting it played the sport in their youth and some still play on leagues. It's the only shot Cincy has to get a champion team.

January 3rd, 2018, 6:21 pm #2

Nashville is getting the team...and you get stuck with the Reds/Bungles/Cyclones Hell. LOL

January 3rd, 2018, 6:28 pm #3

Will Cincinnati get a MLS soccer team. Based on what I heard I'd set the odds as 50-50. Even though I'm not an ardent soccer fan I think pro soccer has more potential here than either baseball or football. A lot of folks supporting it played the sport in their youth and some still play on leagues. It's the only shot Cincy has to get a champion team.
The Nashville decision is in the books. The 2nd location is still to be determined. I heard a big investor might pull out of Sacramento and Detroit is having problems. I rate cincy at 50-50 to get the 2nd spot which will be announced if not this week then next.

January 3rd, 2018, 6:52 pm #4

That "big investor" is an idiot, then. All you have to do is look at the support of the Sacramento FC. Good or bad. They sell out every game.

And just imagine this...the stadium is total horsesh*t. Could you imagine going to see a game in the parking lot of the Ohio State Fairgrounds? That's where Sac FC plays all their games....in a makeshift stadium at Cal Expo.

The venue is sh*t....but they sell out every game.

Plus, I've mentioned this before. Take a look at the Hispanic Populations of Sactown, Detroit, and Cincy. Yep. Not even close. We have you....at least 20 to 1.

That team is going in the Golden 1 Center Downtown Sac. Yes, same dumb location where the Queens play their games. Thanks, Kevin Johnson. Ya @sshole.

January 13th, 2018, 10:24 pm #5

The decision has been pushed back to the end of the month at the earliest. As far as Hispanics in Calif; isn't Calif an expensive state for them? I can't imagine them surviving out there unless they share rooms with 10 in a room or so but that's another discussion not related to this thread.

February 2nd, 2018, 5:20 am #6

Sensing the deterioration of the NFL game I wouldn't be surprised to see fans abandoning the sport for soccor. The NFL is increasingly ticky-tacky on their calls esp involving the receivers. You can't hardly look at the receivers without getting a flag and it seems the good teams get the calls especially late in the game when it is on the line. That and all the concussion protocols and I sense fans are getting sick of the game.
As far as Cincy's bid it appears they are having a hard time pinning down a location as they are now looking as a site in West End (questionable in my mind as that is not a good area). This might end Cincy's bid as the committee wants a team with the location and financing sewed up but well find out in 2 weeks or so.

February 5th, 2018, 6:37 am #7

Sac town is cheaper than San Diego, LA and San Fran. However since this land was Mexico’s to begin with don’t be a duesch and think all Mexicans are illegal, don’t have jobs, don’t work, or can afford to pay for homes.

Mexicans have it more put together than blacks. More blacks live off welfare and don’t work than Mexicans. Mexicans may do the sh*t jobs but at least they are working instead of sitting around waiting for a handout. Here in LA when you go to the Mexican hood. It’s clean, they have take care of their homes , have flowers, green lawns , etc. In Watts and South central... it’s dirt lawns, trash everywhere, bars on windows, broken down cars, etc. it’s a **** hole like Haiti.

I hate when folks talk about getting rid of illegal aliens ..aka.. Mexicans when they are here to work. Not work the system. They are the reason why our GNP is low. Cheap labor. Minimum wage in Californian will be $17 soon. Think about that...$17 min wage!!

Way to go america... McDonald’s is now a career job. Glad I don’t eat there because that cheeseburger just became $3

T

Confirmation of reply: