Taxpayers must buy us rubbers!!

Taxpayers must buy us rubbers!!

March 5th, 2012, 3:44 am #1

Recently, a woman by the name of Sandra Fluke testified before Congress. For you see, Sandra is in law school at the Catholic University of Georgetown. In her testimony, she stated that because the Catholic University refused to buy her contraception that it about made her go broke. She stated that she needed help in the 3 years while at the law school because it cost her about $3000. So doing the math if a rubber is a dollar a peice, that comes out to having sex about 2 twice a day, every day, for the duration of her time spent in law school. In fact, she stated that about half the girls there were in a similar predicterment. What can I say other than sign me up at Georgetown law school!!

Of course, now I have another question for all you conservative fascists who think we should be buying our own rubbers. What about chronic masturbators? I mean, tissues are expensive. Granted, I doubt a male would garnish as much support testifying before Congress as a good looking young woman would, so I thought maybe we could take the animal rights angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfdUohF ... re=related
Last edited by theydey on March 5th, 2012, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2012, 5:08 am #2

Possibly the dumbest non-Murf post I've seen here.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

March 5th, 2012, 6:13 am #3

Considering what Rush Limbaugh said on the subject, the right is best to STFU on this issue.

Insurance companies have been paying for contraceptives for years. It doesnt affect your freedom of religion to have to provide birth control. If that was the case, every religion would suddenly become "unable" to pay for little Johnny's cancer care because "God will heal him".

You can see the road this would go down.

Freedome of religion my arse.

"Insert witty quotation here"

March 5th, 2012, 10:56 am #4

Bronco, can we agree that treating cancer is not the same as contraceptives?

March 5th, 2012, 1:17 pm #5

Shocking...

An arrogant response from the left.
You guys are so predictable...

Talk in circles and repeat the same things over and over.
Bush/CEO's/Neocons/Talk radio host/Fox News...blah blah blah...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

March 5th, 2012, 2:25 pm #6

Should be titled "Republicans miss point, and fail to use reasonable argument"

No one should care what she does in her private life. Calling her a slut was ridiculous, unnecessary, and divisive. And that is exactly what Rush intended.

Instead, the argument should be that health benefits are a form of compensation and a religious organization should not be compelled by the government to fund activities that it finds morally untenable. A organization, religious or otherwise, should have the freedom to offer the benefits they desire. The consequence is that organization will be less competitive in hiring because 99% of women use birth control.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who undertsand binary, and those who do not.
Last edited by Drawon3rdand30 on March 5th, 2012, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2012, 4:30 pm #7

And if said religious entity wants to enter the business realm, said entity loses all tax shelters and protections afforded to religious entities.

This a'int a Catholic Fish Fry where you sell booze and fried seafood to pay for bills.

Furthermore, its not a deprivation of your constitutional right to beleive whatever god you want to believe in if you have to provide contraception. God will not banish you to hell for giving Sally a birth control pill regiment.

Wait, I forgot Catholics never used a rubber in their life. Hypocrisy?

And Murf, you cant ignore what Rush said. I'm actually glad he said it. The statement swayed public opinion on the issue. Good job, Rush! Idiot.

Edit - for the record, I dont think these companies should have to pay for an abortion, as long as it is purely elective. If its for the health of the mother, then you have an argument. However, an abortion as a form of post conception birth control is elective, (like a nosejob or tummy tuck), it should not necessarily be covered. There is a difference between an abortion and prvoding contraception.
Last edited by broncobux on March 5th, 2012, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2012, 5:17 pm #8

"Furthermore, its not a deprivation of your constitutional right to beleive whatever god you want to believe in if you have to provide contraception. God will not banish you to hell for giving Sally a birth control pill regiment."

It is not about going to Hell, it is about forcing a religious institution to do something it is morally opposed to. Tax the religious all you want, I think that would level the playing field for all business.

Is it a compelling state interest to force an organization to provide a benefit? This is not a public accommodation.

March 5th, 2012, 5:30 pm #9

I always ignore what Rush has to say b/c he is a loud mouth shock jock that gets paid b/c he has huge ratings b/c he smacks his gums together without thinking most of the time.
Rush is a nobody..
Talk radio host, do not have mind control over the people that are not falling for the progressive agenda.
News Stations can't use mind control..

Are there people out there that believe everything they hear?
Without question, but to lump everyone that is not in line to lick the sack of the savior, to be under some kind of spell from a talk show host is beyond absurd.

Same with the News Stations..how anyone can watch more than five minutes of any station is beyond me.
All they do is scream at each other about pointless issues like birth control.

The issue at hand:
I should not have to pay a single penny for some girl to get her freak on.
You wanna hump, have money to pay for the birth control or raise the baby if you are irresponsible.
The United States Federal government should not be involved in anything that has to do with fuching.
If birth control is used for medication, then it is not birth control.

I am not saying anything on the behalf of the religious side for the simple fact that most Catholics, use birth control.
The Church needs to fix things in house before demanding anything from anyone outside the house.

March 5th, 2012, 6:30 pm #10

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/03/0 ... itutional/

Nice job...
I would like to propose a law that says that I can kick every anti-gun nut right in the balls for being stupid.

Confirmation of reply: