Super Bowl 52 Pats/Eagles Thread

Super Bowl 52 Pats/Eagles Thread

February 4th, 2018, 3:37 am #1

Who here honestly thinks the Eagles have a chance?

Pats Dynasty is gonna keep on rolling. I will say the Eagles jump out to an early lead like the Falcons did last year and the Pats claw their way back inch by inch and demoralize Philly, and they'll have the ball on the very last drive of the game and that feeling of inevitability will set into everybody on the planet as Tommy leads the game winning drive capped off with a TD pass to Gronk late to win it with some help from the refs at various points throughout the game.

The cheaters get it done again.

Pats 27
Eagles 24

February 4th, 2018, 4:24 am #2

I think the Eagles are going to win but am rooting for the GOATs

Eagles destroyed a pretty good Vikings team

February 4th, 2018, 4:24 am #3

Pats Dynasty is gonna keep on rolling. I will say the Eagles jump out to an early lead like the Falcons did last year and the Pats claw their way back inch by inch and demoralize Philly, and they'll have the ball on the very last drive of the game and that feeling of inevitability will set into everybody on the planet as Tommy leads the game winning drive capped off with a TD pass to Gronk late to win it with some help from the refs at various points throughout the game.

Pats 27
Eagles 24
I think the Eagles are going to win but am rooting for the GOATs

Eagles destroyed a pretty good Vikings team

February 5th, 2018, 12:51 am #4

Pats 27
Eagles 24
I was on the fence with this one, leaning toward the Eagles but not being sure if that was wishful thinking. Late in the seond half that is looking more realistic.

Brady under-threw a wide open receiver where he would have had a touchdown. That drive ended in a missed field goal. If Dalton had done that in any game we would have been all over him. Even the GOAT deserves criticism.

February 5th, 2018, 1:14 am #5

Pats 27
Eagles 24
As the second quarter ends, Michaels and Collinsworth talk about "halftime adjustments" and how good Belichick is at making them. But as we know from that great football mind of Marvin Lewis, halftime adjustments are merely a media construct. What are the Patriots to do?

February 5th, 2018, 2:01 am #6

Pats 27
Eagles 24
As usual, I'm not tuning in.

But I'm wondering if they just can rename that game to the Brady Bowl or Patriots vs. Whomever Bowl?

How many SB's have the Patriots been in since 2000? Almost half, right?

Let the renaming commence. BTW--Tommy says he's in next year too. Good luck, Roger Goodell/League.

February 5th, 2018, 2:42 am #7

Pats 27
Eagles 24
How about that Jake Elliott? Missed an extra point, and the Eagles then went for two after a TD later on and failed. Now they are down by one with 8:35 to go.

February 5th, 2018, 3:21 am #8

Pats 27
Eagles 24
Jake Elliott is off the hook. Eagles win by eight, 41-33. Patriots DC, Matt Patricia, goes on to become a head coach in Detroit. Pretty good gig, that.

February 5th, 2018, 3:57 am #9

Pats 27
Eagles 24
I know why the Eagles won - I was bound and determined to not watch the game. I went out and watched a movie even braving snow and bad driving conditions to do it. If I had stayed home and watched the game I guarantee brady, bellicheat and co. would have won. It would have been as certain as death and taxes.

February 5th, 2018, 3:12 pm #10

Pats 27
Eagles 24
I know why the Eagles won - I was bound and determined to not watch the game. I went out and watched a movie even braving snow and bad driving conditions to do it. If I had stayed home and watched the game I guarantee brady, bellicheat and co. would have won. It would have been as certain as death and taxes.

I felt the same about UGA and the national title game. I happily avoided it. I know if I engaged, they'd have won and p!$$ed me off.

Still kinda mad the Falcons let the Eagles off of the hook when Foles was shaky in the first quarter of their game, but the Eagles deserved it. They were the best team in the league when Wentz down and by the time Foles came into his own, they were the best team again.

BMN
BMN

Confirmation of reply: