State of the Bengals 2012

State of the Bengals 2012

June 13th, 2012, 12:42 am #1

They seem to be doing some things right, hired and ex head coach in Hue Jackson, retained Zimmer, have what appears to the real deal in Dalton and a superstar wr in Green.....

However I refuse to buy into it until they prove over time that things have indeed changed, until then I expect a meltdown and more of the same stuff we have learned to expect from the Mike Brown Bengals

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

June 13th, 2012, 3:17 am #2

All it takes is one season ending injury. But aside from Dalton, Green or maybe Whitworth this team is deeper this year and better able to survive one of their starters going to IR.

But I've gotten overly optimistic before only to come crashing back to reality with a thud. Believe it when we see it.

June 13th, 2012, 3:55 am #3

I really don't see how asking for a single playoff victory before putting any faith in the team whatsoever is asking too much.

After what the brownHole has put us through, it's the least you could ask for. Even some mediocre teams occasionally luck into a playoff victory, look at Denver just last year.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

June 13th, 2012, 7:46 am #4

"After what the brownHole has put us through, it's the least you could ask for. Even some mediocre teams occasionally luck into a playoff victory, look at Denver just last year."

I will bet that this owner will die before seeing ONE playoff win. It's not too much of a stretch--since he's older than dirt and still living in the past.

And that's called pathetic--and I think that's being nice.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

June 13th, 2012, 4:47 pm #5

Not even one? Doesn't a blind squirrel find an acorn once in a while?

June 14th, 2012, 12:27 am #6

I'm liking the roster. For sure. Not sure about backup QB and ML, but Zim and Gruden are pretty high shelf. This could be good. Or it could be disatrous. Injurues injuries injuries...

Mikey is cleverer than you think.
Last edited by Bengal_Boy on June 14th, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2012, 3:16 pm #7

for sure there are positives. Negatives? I like the Dline, but after that, meh. Linebackers and secondary are very questionable. Losing J Joe was the hole at his finest. Its just another brick in the wall of futility that is Mikehole. Stuff like that matters.

Oline should be better and the offense having a full offseason and no longer a rookie QB and first year coordinator should make strides.

Fukk Mike Brown.

June 17th, 2012, 9:17 pm #8

I like the D-line and the depth at DB. Zimmer has plenty of tools this year.

It would be nice to see some PLAYMAKING out of the linebackers this year. Return a INT for TD. Make a sack in an important game (Pitt or Balt).

Dalton - Ok with it. Solid player.
Green - He. Is. Awesome.
Gresham - He hasnt lived up to first round draft status, but lets see.
WR #2 - Who the fukk is it?

RB - It appears that it will be by committee. Whatever. Just dont fumble and get first downs.

O-line? - Might be the best O-line we have had in the last 12 years. Scary. There is real talent there now. Somebody pinch me.
We do need some depth here. I still laugh whenever Slobson talks about Otis Hudson. LOL. The kid NO OTHER TEAM WANTED and we wasted a 5th rounder on him.

Punter? Solid.

Kicker? Solid.

Barring injury, these guys "should" compete for the Division this year.
Last edited by broncobux on June 17th, 2012, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 9:31 pm #9

The RB position could be a real problem - how are they going to get the tough 3rd and short yards and short yards in the red zone?

June 18th, 2012, 12:26 pm #10

I would say that it all comes down to Andy Dalton this season. Young QBs tend to have either a sophomore or junior slump as that is usually when the coaching staff opens up the playbook a bit. Last season was a very typical solid rookie QB season...the playbook was very simple. With Ced Ben gone and the running game being a question mark, there is almost no question that they will throw more this season which also means a more complicated passing playbook.

Their early schedule is on paper easy, so they have to get off to a good start before the second half when they play Pit/Bal/SD/NFC East.

Confirmation of reply: