Sorry Murf but...

Sorry Murf but...

January 4th, 2011, 3:58 pm #1

Adam Schefter just tweeted that: Bengals expect HC Marvin Lewis now will remain in Cincinnati. The two sides expect to resolve any issues within next 24 hours.

8-8 Here we come!

January 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm #2

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that Adam S. & Twitter never lie! :-p

If these rumours are true, it means one of the following:

1) Marvin already had those rumoured interviews/appointments with Pitt and the 49ers, didn't get a good vibe from them and decided to cut bait (I hope this isn't what happened).

2) Mike Brown has compromising information about Marvin Lewis that he has lorded over him to get him to come back with minimal hassle (I hope this isn't what happened).

3) Marvin actually got/will be getting the changes he demanded (If it has to be more seasons with Marvin, then I hope this is what happened).

If 3) is what happened, he better have gotten it in as detailed writing as possible. Remember that first press conference back in 2003 when he said something about "yeah, Mike told me I'd have more scouts than the last guy?" Remember how that worked out? :-p

BMN
BMN

January 4th, 2011, 4:10 pm #3

As an addendum to that, I should point out that in no way would a re-signing of Marvin Lewis qualify as good news other than if it indicated other structural changes with the Bengals. It's obvious that as a coach, he was and is on every one of our last nerves collectively and individually on this msgboard.

BMN
BMN

January 4th, 2011, 4:28 pm #4

January 4th, 2011, 4:46 pm #5

I also read that Pumpkin and Troy are siding with Marvin on some key issues. They grow up so fast!

January 4th, 2011, 5:23 pm #6

Ever since Katie was in that Play60 commercial, she's been a changed man!

January 4th, 2011, 6:14 pm #7

Shapu, thanks for making me shoot diet coke out thru my nose.

January 4th, 2011, 6:39 pm #8

BUHAHAHAHA! That joke never gets old.

I am very curious to see what the Bengals and Marvin are agreeing on.

January 4th, 2011, 6:58 pm #9

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com/

Not So Fast On Lewis Returning

WDR has learned from a source close to Marvin Lewis, that Marvin has decided he will NOT return to the Cincinnati Bengals. This source reveled that the negotiations between Marvin and Mike Brown did not result in a compromise, and Marvin has decided to move on.

However, we all know these things can change (other than Mike Brown hiring a GM...that will never change). Stay tuned and check back throughout the afternoon.

January 4th, 2011, 7:14 pm #10

Ever since Katie was in that Play60 commercial, she's been a changed man!
"This isn't the first time he has gone to Mike Brown asking for these things."

Just like I said yesterday--I don't know how you can go on coaching when you know you don't have a shot in hell of winning.

Marvin Lewis has to know this coaching for Mike Brown---that there's no remote hope of winning. In fact, hell would freeze over before Mikey would allow winning over profits.

It doesn't say a whole lot for what kind of guy Lewis is.

He should have resigned and went back to coordinating. Some guys are natural HC's. Marvin obviously ain't one of them. However, I give him some credit--he doesn't stand much of a chance coaching in the NFL's Graveyard and under Mike GODDAMNED BROWN.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on January 4th, 2011, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: