Should the Reds keep Riggleman?

July 11th, 2018, 2:35 am #1

The Deads have a 38-36 Record since letting go of Bryan "F-Bomb" Price on April 19th. They just beat the Indians for the second day in a row tonight by scoring 7 runs in the 9th inning down 4-0, all with 2 outs. Riggleman has these guys playing great baseball right now, do you think he should be made manager permanently? My only fear is that the FO will pull a Mike Brown and do something stupid at the deadline like trading away someone important like Scooter or Iglesias. They need to keep the core of the team together and see if they can keep building off of what they're already doing and provide hope for next year. After starting 3-19 it's impressive the way they've bounced back since and Riggleman deserves a ton of credit for that. Hard to imagine what this team's record would be right now if Price was still on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 11th, 2018, 2:15 pm #2

Winning record? Wow. I figured the Deads would be 30-44 or worse. 25-49? That's good news. But I'll bet they're playing over their heads. Mid-August, if you don't have pitching...you start sinking.

I rarely pay attention to ML baseball anymore.

July 12th, 2018, 2:20 pm #3

I honestly wonder what the deal is with him (why he's been fired or left so many jobs). I thought that he did ok in San Diego, Chicago, Washington, etc. He's not a championship type of manager but he seems like a good manager to get the most out of mediocre and younger teams. I would make him permanent manager for at least next season even if they tank the rest of the way.

Confirmation of reply: