Palmer starting on Sunday????

Palmer starting on Sunday????

October 20th, 2011, 4:29 am #1

I've heard of Desperate situations... but c'mon. Really?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakl ... efs-101911

Palmer starting Sunday against the Chiefs?

The guy hasn't played in a football game since JANUARY of this year....technically LAST Season. No one that I have ever heard of has been able to get a handle on a playbook in 3 days.

The guy is rust city.

This is like being in the Super Bowl with :10 seconds left on the clock, your team is down by a point, being on the opposite side of the field at the 20 yard line, it's 3rd and 10 and you have to get your team within field goal range to win. Simply is NOT going to happen. I've heard of Miracles- but this ain't it.

I mean it's good from the standpoint that Palmer is gone from the Bengals- but this whole situation would be completely different had Palmer still been suiting up and practicing every week with the Bengals....

In all honesty- there are some linemen for the Chiefs right now that are licking their chops to a get a piece of Palmer on Sunday. You think he looked bad after he came back from his injury playing the role of "Scared QB"...I think we'll see the same thing on Sunday.

Just my thoughts.
Last edited by 2ndsout on October 20th, 2011, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 20th, 2011, 5:13 am #2

He is better than Boller or Pryor.

Sad, but true.

"Insert witty quotation here"

October 20th, 2011, 6:18 am #3

should be entertaining...I'm starting him this week in fantasy too LOL

October 20th, 2011, 6:32 am #4

At least he won't be playing against Kimo.

AWWWWWWWWW--TOO SOON?!?!?!??!!?

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

October 20th, 2011, 11:15 am #5

I would start Boller this week vs. KC then get Palmer into the starting lineup for next weeks' game. But all the more power to Carson...it will be impressive if he can have a good first game under these circumstances.

October 20th, 2011, 4:32 pm #6

The Raiders can rely on Darren McFadden to get them through this game.

I'm not sure if its a good idea because Palmer hasn't had physical contact in a year. I hope he can take the hits without being in football shape.

I also think his arm is going to be alittle weak for him since he hasn't thrown at game speed.

"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

October 20th, 2011, 6:38 pm #7

I see the pros and cons.

Cons: You only have one game before the bye week. And if it's as easy as handing it off to McFadden, just have Boller do that, don't risk having Palmer go down hurt because he's rusty scrambling out of trouble.

Pros: If Carson is your starter (and they sure as hell gave up a lot, so he's the starter), don't give Boller a chance to make it confusing.....at least not until Carson has had a chance to perform.

BMN
BMN

October 20th, 2011, 8:20 pm #8

I've heard of Desperate situations... but c'mon. Really?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Oakl ... efs-101911

Palmer starting Sunday against the Chiefs?

The guy hasn't played in a football game since JANUARY of this year....technically LAST Season. No one that I have ever heard of has been able to get a handle on a playbook in 3 days.

The guy is rust city.

This is like being in the Super Bowl with :10 seconds left on the clock, your team is down by a point, being on the opposite side of the field at the 20 yard line, it's 3rd and 10 and you have to get your team within field goal range to win. Simply is NOT going to happen. I've heard of Miracles- but this ain't it.

I mean it's good from the standpoint that Palmer is gone from the Bengals- but this whole situation would be completely different had Palmer still been suiting up and practicing every week with the Bengals....

In all honesty- there are some linemen for the Chiefs right now that are licking their chops to a get a piece of Palmer on Sunday. You think he looked bad after he came back from his injury playing the role of "Scared QB"...I think we'll see the same thing on Sunday.

Just my thoughts.
I think Oakland is f$$ting in the wind on this one. I'm still not convinced that Palmer's elbow is 100% healthy. Oakland will probably be running the most rudimentary of plays - how much can Palmer get in 3 days? Also one good hit esp to his elbow and Palmer will be done for the year - but hey it's their nickel.

October 20th, 2011, 9:07 pm #9

Palmer getting reps for only a few practices will limit the offense, but at the same time, Boller and Pryor combined would give you the same limitations.

Carson is an 8 year vet, verbage takes a few minutes to figure out, but I believe he can handle a limited offense.
Give McFadden the ball a bunch and take some shots down field.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

October 20th, 2011, 9:51 pm #10

T.J. Houshmanzadeh has been working out with CP this season. In a recent interview he stated that Carson's elbow was still injured last year. But he stated enthusiastically that he has regained the old zip he had on his passes and his arm is fully recovered now.

The Raiders have a conservative offense anyway and they rely on Darren McFadden. If CP can learn a few patterns and adjust to the new nomenclature I think he can start and win vs. Kansas City. I hope the game is televised locally around here.

Confirmation of reply: