OSU 2012 Recruiting Class

OSU 2012 Recruiting Class

May 7th, 2012, 3:03 am #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT0HzQ9v ... re=related

All the skill players look like the fastest guys on the field. I don't think the Big 10 is going to recognize Urban Meyer's brand of football.

May 7th, 2012, 8:39 am #2

As far as recruiting classes go--where is Ohio State ranked?

I seen a bunch of blue chipper and 4-star recruits on there that would have usually committed to Notre Dame, Michigan, or even as far away as Virginia Tech or even SEC Schools.

Is Ohio State back?

I see a bunch of mean tough fast bassards on that film. Not bad. But they're all good before they hit the collegiate gridiron. Sort of like the Bungles' Draft Picks. All good--but haven't played a down yet.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

May 7th, 2012, 1:00 pm #3

Your points are well taken Falc. It's important to remember that these kids are all freshmen and most of them won't be starters this year. They won't be going to any bowl games either. But Meyer is clearly taking a different tact at recruiting here. He knows what scheme he wants to install and he's getting players that fit that scheme. Most of these kids seem to be from Ohio too. I admit I'm a homer for OSU but I think there are plenty of reasons to be excited for this teams future. With such a large emphasis on speed on both sides of the ball I think they won't get overwhelmed by the fast SEC teams any more.

May 7th, 2012, 5:57 pm #4

Meyer is doing things much differently than Tressel.

He is recruiting nationally and not just Ohio. Sure Tress got the occasional kid from Florida (Santonio, Rolle, ect), but Meyer is ONLY taking the elite kids from Ohio and now recruiting all over the country. Of particular focus is Meyer attention to New Jersey, Maryland, North Carolina and, of course, Florida.

In this class, he recruited a MONSTER D-line class. This may be the best D-Line haul I have seen of any college in the last 10 years.

He got the 3 of the top 5 Defensive Ends nationally. (Noah Spence, Adolphus Washington anf Sevon Pittman).
He got one of the top 10 DT's (Tommy Schutt).

HE also swooped in and took one Offensive Tackle that was committed to Notre Dame and another that was committed to Wisconsin. Instand upgrade.

On the team this year, he took a TE and converted him to a Tackle. This kid (Reid Fragel) is around 6 foot 7 and 300 pounds and has less than 10% body fat. He is a monster.

Times are a changing.

OSU will be fast and dominating on the D-line. Im getting giddy thinking about it.

"Insert witty quotation here"

May 7th, 2012, 6:46 pm #5

For 2013, Meyer got the #3 ranked Tight End in the country (Per 24/7 sports).
Kid is from California. His idol is Aaron Hernandez with the Patriots. Guess who Hernandez's coach in college was? Yup, Meyer.

Falc, here is the kid's reruiting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEWOp1zU3E

May 10th, 2012, 4:29 am #6

Nice highlights--my 1st thought was:

DAMN--IS THE LEFTY QB STILL AVAILABLE!?!?!??!!???!?!?!?

That kid's got accuracy, range, and mobility.

I'm thinking--DOUBLE RECRUIT FROM RIVERSIDE.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

May 10th, 2012, 6:07 am #7

I would agree, but Urban already plucked a kid out of Texas to run his Spread Offense. His name is JT Barrett.

24/7 rates JT BArrett as the #1 Dual QB in the Nation. ESPN, Rivals and Scout all have him in the top 6.

Here are his highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5jY8SgETk

May 14th, 2012, 1:13 am #8

I have to say that recruiting is about 90% of the battle. The other 10% is coaching when competing against similar talent. Then it comes down to coaching. It's kinda like Cooper when he could get good talent and win all his games except for the big games against similar talent. HE would usually lose against Meatchicken and the bowl.

As for this year, however, Urban need not worry about making a bowl. This year he can focus on the following year by and large. It kinda relives some pressure I think.

May 14th, 2012, 3:24 am #9

Yeah--USC wasn't allowed to play in a Bowl Game last year--but did that stop decent talent from rolling in?

Some Schools can just sell themselves.

May 17th, 2012, 3:33 am #10

The rankings of individual recruits can change during the summer but with six commitments already, is it possible USC could compile the nation's No. 1 class.

USC has the nation's sixth-ranked player (DE Kenny Bigelow), eighth-ranked player (QB Max Browne) and 18th-ranked player (TB Ty Isaac)..

Fight On!

Confirmation of reply: