Newman inked!

Newman inked!

April 11th, 2012, 6:00 pm #1

Bengals ink Newman...

Another solid move...

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

April 11th, 2012, 9:34 pm #2

Time will tell, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's just as inconsequential as a John Thornton. That gets a yippee from the local Sheep, but is simply fodder for more laughs from the rest of the NFL.

April 11th, 2012, 10:21 pm #3

Provides Depth.

Maybe even allows Marv to let Pac Man return punts.
He is one of the most dangerous players at that position in the NFL.

"Insert witty quotation here"

April 11th, 2012, 11:18 pm #4

Kieth Rivers sent to the Giants for a 5th round draft pick. Sad

It is depressing watching the Jets have success.

April 12th, 2012, 12:14 am #5

Let me guess Deputy Goofey..if Newman has a great year it is b/c Marvin is genius?

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

April 12th, 2012, 1:08 am #6

Texans ink Jonathon Joseph

oh that was last year

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

April 12th, 2012, 1:29 am #7

That's right. This is the fourth cornerback they've acquired to help replace J-Joe: Nate Clements, Kelly Jennings, Jason Allen, and now Newman. Remember back when the Bungs traded for Jennings last year and the Seahawk fans were so ecstatic? Same kind of deal again.

Newman was a goner anyway in Dallas, but Cowboys fans are happily sending him off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... /#comments

April 12th, 2012, 3:09 am #8

I'm no Cowboys fan, so not like I was personally watching their games, but they were torched last year in the secondary. It was credited as the primary reason for their terrible start, and Newman was the player most criticized.

Maybe that was overblown, but this move hardly excites me. I was more psyched about signing Bell to play guard honestly.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

April 12th, 2012, 4:28 am #9

If I were a Cowboys Fan, I would be rejoicing in the street by overturning a VW Bug and torching it. LOL--playing off a recent thread.

In the last couple of years, Newman is a non-tackling toasty secondary delta bravo.

He was okay for his 1st couple of years--but recently? He's been terrible. Could be the Cowboys' Defensive Scheme--but I doubt it.

Don't celebrate yet, Bungle Fans. This is not a good signing. This is another Taylor Mays place butts in the seats type of acquisition.

I'm not impressed, Mikey. Why didn't you just draft a f*cking corner? Or oh wait. You HAD a Pro Bowl caliber CB that you could have signed two years ago long-term.

But I forgot--your front office doesn't know how to write up a contract like that, do they?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on April 12th, 2012, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2012, 10:25 pm #10

A guy I know is a huge Dallas fan. He told me they had a "Newman is no longer with the team" party, and laughed and laughed some more when I told him they had signed him.

Can't wait!

Confirmation of reply: