New Posters and Lurkers

New Posters and Lurkers

January 3rd, 2018, 11:40 pm #1

Unfortunetly there is a problem getting posts approved, we have a team of engineers and our IT team working on the problem trying to get it repaired as quickly as possible, thank you for your patience

January 4th, 2018, 12:23 am #2

YOU FIX THIS SH*T RIGHT NOW, MISTER.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

January 4th, 2018, 12:31 am #3

Unfortunetly there is a problem getting posts approved, we have a team of engineers and our IT team working on the problem trying to get it repaired as quickly as possible, thank you for your patience
Where is Fraidy?

January 4th, 2018, 8:43 pm #4

Fraidy has just got a new two year contract

January 5th, 2018, 1:14 am #5

Lol Rob

January 6th, 2018, 8:13 pm #6

Fraidy, if you come across this thread, please approve the following new members:

- Jack_Benny

- FawckinMB

For reference, check out the relevant Network54 technical support threads:
Here is an informative post by the forum user Ripper. (Second link above.)
November 27 2017, 8:42 AM

There are like 2 or 3 of them in the whole company. They tried to rewrite the entire platform. They spent years developing a new version. It failed. They are trying to update this platform, which is about 20 years old. I can only assume that everything they try to do blows up in their faces for that reason. Changing obsolete code one line at a time isn't the easiest thing to do.

As someone who maintains a few websites myself, I know how code updates can throw a wrench into things. Add to that, the base upon which the code is written has changed (HTML 5 is vastly different from HTML 4, which is again vastly different from XHTML, which was supposed to replace HTML, but crashed and burned, and don't get me started on how drastically PHP has changed. PHP is a coding language that works with HTML and I assume this code is PHP, just by how it works), browsers have changed (each has its own set of problems) and I end up many coding sessions by screaming at my monitor. Put one comma or period in the wrong spot and it can take you days to figure out what went wrong.

"""Ripper\nwww.ripper1.com"""

January 8th, 2018, 12:19 am #7

I recommend a feature that limits number of posts in a given amount of time. Helps cut back on abuse from trolls.

January 10th, 2018, 12:08 am #8

Hello All,

I've added Jack_Benny and FawckinMB as approved members. There are a lot of things not working on the admin side as you've noticed.

Let me know if anyone else should be added, particularly given the intermittent failure of message approvals.

TWO MORE YEARS! TWO MORE YEARS! HAHAHAHA………………

- FC

January 11th, 2018, 1:05 am #9

Thanks, Fraidy.

This message board has been so slow to respond lately, it's a pain to use. Hopefully they can get the issues resolved fairly soon.

January 11th, 2018, 1:26 am #10

So I'm not the only one having trouble loading it?

Confirmation of reply: