Nate Clements is a Bung

Nate Clements is a Bung

July 31st, 2011, 1:08 am #1

Or as Slobson would say, Clements is in fold.

A rare Buckeye signing for the Hole...
Last edited by broncobux on July 31st, 2011, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 31st, 2011, 1:32 am #2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....breath....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

July 31st, 2011, 5:10 pm #3

Isn't this the guy who was consistently burnt in coverage playing for the Niners?

Their secondary sucks, so if even they don't want to keep you you have to know this guy sucks.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

August 1st, 2011, 4:26 am #4

another recycled veteran...my guess is he ends up on IR by week 6...

September 20th, 2011, 5:42 am #5

Wasn't he the one that got torched for 25 and 50 yard TDs by backup WR Erin Decker?

He looked simply foolish on the 50 yarder. Crocker too.

Anyone think Jo-Jo wouldn't have made a play there?

Any doubt that we could have beat the Broncos if the brownHole wasn't too cheap to franchise him?

September 20th, 2011, 8:00 am #6

"Just awful. If you were the worst corner in America--I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I thought Paula, Randy, and I just seen the worst corner in the league back in Kansas City--but I guess we were wrong."

LMAO.

Seriously--this could be one of the worst signings Mikey's had ever. Makes Artrell "Burnt Toast" Hawkins look competent. Nate Clements is a f*cking midget to go along with his non-coverage skills.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on September 20th, 2011, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 20th, 2011, 4:20 pm #7

Disagree.

Clements had perfect coverage. The ball was underthrown. When Decker went back for it, Clements slipped and then got knocked down by Crocker when Crocker overran the play.

Clements has played well so far.

Just because a WR scores on a long touchdown doesnt necessarily mean the coverage was bad. Come on, you guys are better than that.

"Insert witty quotation here"

September 20th, 2011, 8:12 pm #8

bronco, proficiency in argument can easily be used to overpower your opponent, even when you are dead wrong as in this case with Nate Clements. I am sure you have learned a few tricks in debate in law school and at the office. By refuting the obvious, and defending the ridiculous you lose crediblity. Does it really hurt your feelings that Nate Clements got dropped kicked by a pathetic organization like the 49ers? All just because he played for the Buckeyes? I can admire loyalty but jesus, c'mon man.

I liked him at the college level but it ended there. I've watched him with the 49ers and he is not a #1 shut down guy...the money they were paying him was criminal. Dude even had his own website lockdown22.com or something like that..I watched him try to cover the #1 WR on Atl a while back (Crumpler) and dude looked like a fool. I think he tries to hard to get on the highlight reel instead of making sound defensive plays like oh, I don't know, tackling, tipping the ball, batting it away and such.
Last edited by uscthree on September 20th, 2011, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 20th, 2011, 11:21 pm #9

Here's the play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lror-4t2u28

Decker catches the pass for 35 yards or so before Crocker even gets there.

Crocker took away his chance to tackle the guy, yes, but only after he had given up a huge catch without even being in position to try to make a play on the ball.

You say he had "perfect coverage," but just "slipped." Well, the back shoulder throw along the sideline is commonplace in today's NFL, and he should have been ready for it. I know anyone can slip, but slipping is often a result of being out of position. How often do you see Revis "slip" and allow a 52-yard TD?

September 20th, 2011, 11:57 pm #10

I'm a little more forgiving to corners, they have a tough job, but yes, that coverage was terrible. Ideally you want to be between the receiver and the ball without getting burnt.

The play the safety made was just hilariously awful. He should be reading the QB and the ball all the way. To just come over and wipe you own man out is the absolute worst thing you can do. Ive seen enough Bungs games though to know that Crocker is hot garbage. He should be on the street but I don't imagine Mikey has any depth or a backup plan.

Confirmation of reply: