Murf the Homer

Murf the Homer

April 30th, 2012, 3:51 pm #1

Remember the Zeitler and DeCastro were rated the same statement by Murf, well here is a short comparison. I think the Bengals had a good draft but if they went guard, they should have taken DeCastro. Take a look:

Zeitler
Fox Sports scouting

Despite lacking some quickness to get to the next level, Zeitler can dominate the line of scrimmage and excelled in a system that breeds offensive linemen. Wisconsin had three offensive lineman selected in the 2011 draft and Zeitler will likely be chosen in either the second or third round this April.

Mocking the Draft

He is able to both protect the passer and open running lanes. Zeitler may not be as exciting as other prospects but he is solid and should be selected no later than the 3rd round.
Bold statement: Zeitler will be drafted no later than the 3rd round

Pro Football Weekly
Grade 6.07

CBS Sports

Rang (45) 15 in second round
Brugler (38) 6th pick second round
Prisco (24)
Judge (30)

DECASTRO

CBS

10th overall pick
Rang (11)
Brugler (11)
Prisco (18)
Judge (11)

Pro Football Weekly

Grade 6.22

Fox Sports
A sure-fire first-round pick

Mocking the Draft

Bold statement: DeCastro will be selected in the 1st round and the first interior lineman selected

I know we got the 93rd pick in the trade but if you are going to draft a guard, do you want the "BOLD statement He will be drafted by the 3rd round" guy or the "sure fire first round pick" guy? Guess who got the sure fire first round guy, the fukkin Steelers.

But hey, there were rated the same right Mike--- I mean Murf.
Last edited by dacow on April 30th, 2012, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2012, 4:37 pm #2

To be fair, you have to commpare the whole trade. You can't just dismiss the 93rd pick by saying "I know we got the 93rd pick".

Zeitler and Thompson instead of DeCastro. Not saying its now a good trade, but lets be fair,
Last edited by HomerSaysDoh on April 30th, 2012, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2012, 5:03 pm #3

I stand by my comment.
They were rated about the same.

You are pretending that the Bengals passed up a can't miss top 5 pick to get someone that should have been drafted in the late second to third round at the same spot.
That is ridiculous to even reach for that comparison.

They were picked in same spot...late 1st round.
The Bengals not only got a solid guard, they also got a DT by taking the guy that Bengals line coach wanted because Zietler unlike Decastro could play center.

As far as your comments from the so called experts...these are the same experts that called Akili Smith a first round qb.
Same people that talked about Ryan Leaf being better than Manning.
The same people that had Brady rated as a late round pick.

Only Bengal fans can find something wrong with a great draft.
Amazing, but not shocking.

I swear some of you would be mad if they went to the Superbowl because you would have to wake up and be happy about the team you follow.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

April 30th, 2012, 5:13 pm #4

I swear some of you would be mad if they went to the Superbowl because you would have to wake up and be happy about the team you follow.

I would stll call MB the worst GM.

April 30th, 2012, 6:13 pm #5

...."I stand by my comment.
They were rated about the same."

And I stand by mine- they were not.

Let me expound. In addition to the above ratings, NFL.com has their own ratings. This is the league sanctioned ratings, not some 12 year old in his basement. The top 5 guys in the draft all had very high ratings, as you would expect. The next highest rated player was DeCastro at 92.5. Our guys 85 rating was found in the later part of the first well into the second. A top 6 guy in the draft is not "about the same" as a second rounder. Game, set, match.

The rest of your reply was meaningless as I did not comment on the rest of the draft other than to say it was good.

Last edited by dacow on April 30th, 2012, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2012, 8:16 pm #6

C'mon, Murf. This is all recreational fun but you don't quite have the credibility to take any of the media "experts" to task for judging talent. Let's see if your Golden Tate wonder receiver can make the starting lineup for the juggernaut Seattle Seahawks this year.

That aside, I got a bit of a chuckle about the Dayton Daily News' analysis of the draft today. It claimed the Bungs could very well get nine starters out of this year's draft.

On the one hand, that projection, if true, indicates the bungs are in fact getting better. On the other hand, it illustrates the point that amused Mikey critics, and Sheep baiters, have been making for years: The Bungs were desperately in need of some genuine Pro football players at too many positions to be taken all that seriously. And that includes last year.

It will be interesting to see how many of this year's players turn out to be AJ Greene's, and how many will turn out to be on par with the likes of Chase Coffman or Andre Caldwell.

April 30th, 2012, 10:28 pm #7

Who are the NFL experts?
Mel Kyper?
LMAO

I don't give a sh!t if Decastro becomes the single gratest fuching linemen in NFL history and scientist clone children to become the next Decastro...
It simple does not matter.
The Bengals picked a guy that they believed was a great fit for them b/c the guy can play several spots instead of just 1 and got an additional pick out of it, that resulted in another Bengal fans dream, another fuching D-tackle.
So what exactly is the fuching problem here?

You have no fuching clue if Decastro or Zietler is going to pan out.
NONE, not a single shred of evidence to suggest either one of them will make it.
So why do you have your panties in a bunch over some fuching late 1st round guard.

Your experts are doing nothing but taking an educated guess.
Jerry Jones was one of the many very credible sources for years.
He was a fuching Pharmacist from Cincinnati.

Enjoy the moment of the Bengals doing something right.

BTW--
Fuch you Trooper.
Your a fuching azz clown stuck in the 70-80's.
Your football knowledge is on par with a 3rd graders.

I said a fuching wide out would be a great pick..I have to be the only person on this planet that might have been wrong about a college kid coming into the NFL.
I am not even sure he is a bust, it has been 2 years and the guy has played with no qb talent at all.

April 30th, 2012, 10:33 pm #8

Awwwwwwww, chill out, Murf.

Frothing rage is the trademark of a dolt. Why do you keep exposing yourself?

April 30th, 2012, 10:35 pm #9

Who are the NFL experts?
Mel Kyper?
LMAO

I don't give a sh!t if Decastro becomes the single gratest fuching linemen in NFL history and scientist clone children to become the next Decastro...
It simple does not matter.
The Bengals picked a guy that they believed was a great fit for them b/c the guy can play several spots instead of just 1 and got an additional pick out of it, that resulted in another Bengal fans dream, another fuching D-tackle.
So what exactly is the fuching problem here?

You have no fuching clue if Decastro or Zietler is going to pan out.
NONE, not a single shred of evidence to suggest either one of them will make it.
So why do you have your panties in a bunch over some fuching late 1st round guard.

Your experts are doing nothing but taking an educated guess.
Jerry Jones was one of the many very credible sources for years.
He was a fuching Pharmacist from Cincinnati.

Enjoy the moment of the Bengals doing something right.

BTW--
Fuch you Trooper.
Your a fuching azz clown stuck in the 70-80's.
Your football knowledge is on par with a 3rd graders.

I said a fuching wide out would be a great pick..I have to be the only person on this planet that might have been wrong about a college kid coming into the NFL.
I am not even sure he is a bust, it has been 2 years and the guy has played with no qb talent at all.

Meh, two points of view here.

1. Take DeCastro - he is the best guard to come out since Hutchinson. Starter for 10 years.

2. Take Zeitler and, by doing so, also pick up the DT Thompson.

The question is, and will be answered in a few years, are De Castro and Zeitler close to the same level of player. if they are, the trade was warranted and a good move.

Clearly, the pro-Zeitler folks' argument will also be strengthened by the play of Thompson.

I think its too early to criticize the move.

I hate to say it, but these same talking heads all said that Akili, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington and Andre Ware would change the game and be franchise QB's...

"Insert witty quotation here"

April 30th, 2012, 11:37 pm #10

It looks good on paper but I'm a little surprised they didn't go after a RB in an earlier round. I know the west coast offense may not place as high a premium on RB but still... I guess they figure with that kind of scheme they can throw to RB's coming out of the backfield but when you need the real tough yards in the red zone or 3rd and short I don't think they have anyone of size to get penetration. Time will tell obviously. With these or any recruits it's basically a crap shoot for any organization.

Confirmation of reply: