Mike Pence leaves game do to Anthem Protests

October 9th, 2017, 12:52 am #21

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vi ... kneel.html

Good for him!! A True American who will not support blatant disrespect for our country and flag.
I have read NFL ticket sales are 18% lower than a year ago and viewers are down 9 %. Watching the NFL quickly going down the toilet brings tears of joy to my eyes. Couldn’t happen to a finer organization:)
Jimmy Kimmel? who the hell cares about Jimmy Kimmel? what does he have to do with Pence and the publicity stunt?

Fulcher you have lost your damn mind

October 9th, 2017, 1:14 am #22

Good for him!! A True American who will not support blatant disrespect for our country and flag.
I have read NFL ticket sales are 18% lower than a year ago and viewers are down 9 %. Watching the NFL quickly going down the toilet brings tears of joy to my eyes. Couldn’t happen to a finer organization:)
Only pointing out the fact that the left only cares and cries when 58 whites are killed. However 59 blacks are killed in Chicago every month in the strictest gun control city in the nation and no one gives two shots cause their black.

Mike Pence has a right to walk out and he did not authorize nor anyone else for the NFL to disrespect our country and the men and women who died protesting it!

October 9th, 2017, 5:10 am #23

Meanwhile real **** is going on like threatening to start nuclear war with North Korea or Iran. Not to mention the dicks in Congress just let the healthcare coverage of a huge number of American children expire. Americans in PR still have no power and scant supplies. I could go on. There's a billion things more important than Kaepernick and taking a knee during the anthem. But people have their panties in a bunch about that circus sideshow.

===============================================
1991-2017 the putrid reign of Mikey Brown:
Record in Prime Time: 12 wins, 33 losses (0.267)
Record vs the Steelers: 14 wins, 42 losses (0.250)
Record vs AFC Playoff Teams: 32 wins, 116 losses (0.216)

October 9th, 2017, 2:35 pm #24

Fulcher,
First off, you have NOT, I say again, NOT seen the effects of war. You may know people that have served, but not you. So please stop. As a 20 year veteran, I don't want or need you to "defend" me. I, and many of my Brothers are not offended at the kneeling at all. Because that is not what the initial PROTEST was all about. In fact, leave us out of your shallow political bullszit. What offends me most are people like yourself. Jumping in on the left/right political game by hijacking the Military. Stop. You offend me more than flag burners. At least they have ballz.

Stupid Fduckin' Sheep

October 9th, 2017, 7:21 pm #25

"Trump and Pence should be trying to unite our country, instead they are using this as a way to further divide and make it a "us vs them" narrative"

...and taking knees by crybaby millionaire football players are not dividing their own fanbase (let alone country)? Get real, Storm. You've gotta be kidding, right?

...all over police "brutality"? Listen up and maybe that nightstick won't come out of the belt.

Just saying.

SHUTUP JIMMY KIMMEL. Nothing worse than a Jewish Guy that votes left. It just doesn't make sense.

October 9th, 2017, 8:57 pm #26

Kimmel is only one of many late nite talk show hosts that are commenting about the embarrassment that Trump has become. He (trump) not only has made himself the laughingstock of the country but has made this country the laughingstock of the world. He (Trump) would make a good combo with Batman and Robin who were pioneers in the Tweeting thing back in 2009 and 2010. Maybe the three of them could start a show when Trump is gone (maybe impeached?).

October 9th, 2017, 11:44 pm #27

WCB,

First thanks for your service and sacrifice for our great nation. It is because of people like you I can rant on this topic cause you served our country. However, I will not shut up about this because taking a knee or sitting during the Anthem is disrespectful to all who served this nation. Lots in my family did fight and my wife’s and yes we are offended. There is a time and place for everything but the NFL decided it was ok based on their political values to make a sport a political venue. The NFL not Pence or Trump wanted to politicize a sport and they look st 8% viewership last year and now 9 %. A new poll shows that the majority of Americans no longer favor the NFL. There is a time and place for everything but disrespecting the men and woman who fought and died to better this country is not the time or place. If your OK with it fine but there is a large percentage of the population including service members who are not. I respect your service but you have my promise I will continue to reflect how I feel.

October 10th, 2017, 12:16 am #28

WCB,

Not going to argue with your views on this cause you served so we can share opposite views. I will say a lot of our servicemen did go into the oilfield and we currently have 9 working for us and none share your view. Our these servicemen who fought along side you and defended our constitution less intitled to their views. Of course not!! I feel strongly on this and it was people like you who have protected my first amendment right. The players have every right to protest during the Anthem. I see it as disrespectful as well as Mullins of servicemen and American citizens. They have right to politicize football and we have the right to not watch. This freedom is still allotted to us because of men and woman like you. I will not be quite and because of people like you you have protected this right!!

October 10th, 2017, 12:44 am #29

Off topic but the VA has to be fixed. My wife’s father who fought in the Korean War saw VA doctors and swore by them till the day he died. I personally was disgusted it literally took months for him to see a doctor. This is another sore subject of mine and Veterans should be promptly cared for in my mind. He served our country protecting our freedoms but had to wait months to see a doctor? Sorry, this is B.S. I didn’t serve my country but because those who did I was able to go to college and get a degree in electronic engineering. I make a very good salary because of sacrifice of others in my mind. If I got to pay more in taxes to support better healthcare for our Veterans I for sure will be the first in line. If it wasn’t for Veterans I would not have had these opportunity’s in my life.

October 10th, 2017, 1:03 am #30

You did hit on something. Contrary to the narrative free speech is alive and well. Trump can Tweet whatever the heck he wants whenever the heck he wants regardless of who he offends or however bad he makes America look. And yes on the contrary the pro athletes and Hollywood and women and immigrants and Christians and African Americans and transgenders and those for or opposed to Confederate monuments etc. also have a voice and every right to voice their opinion. And for better or worse all of these groups including Trump are heard.

Confirmation of reply: