Mike Leake arrested? WTF!

Mike Leake arrested? WTF!

April 18th, 2011, 7:56 pm #1

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2011 ... 304180108/

Theft!? Really!?

I hope this is some kind of weird misunderstanding or something and charges get dropped. Don't tell me this kid is a klepto or something.

This would be a good time to get Cueto and/or Bailey back.

Especially Cueto. Our offense won't carry us forever, we need more consistent starting pitching! Thank goodness we have some great depth at the position.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

April 18th, 2011, 9:41 pm #2

a white guy stealing....this will piss off murf. He must be a liberal then!

There must be no excitement in the Natti for these athletes to do other than commit crime.

April 18th, 2011, 9:59 pm #3

Story updated:

Stole 6 "American Rag" t-shirts from Macy's. Value: $60 (more like $6 if you ask me though)

Leake's 2011 salary: $425,000

Again, I repeat: WTF!?

April 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm #4

Times are hard, do you guys realize how hard it is to make ends meet on $425K a year?

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

April 19th, 2011, 4:42 am #5

You guys have it all wrong, it is the fault of the league.
They bring these poor young men into the league and force them to take millions of dollars and never teach them how to behave properly.
now how on earth can you look at this victim and be angry with him?
He has never had money before and the league just made him rich..bast@rds don't even provide them with services to show them how to manage their time and money away from the field.

LOL

Seriously, the guy should be jailed for every single second of the maximum guidelines.
he should be suspended for the rest of the year, first for being involved in a crime and second for being that stupid.

There is no excuse for his behavior

April 19th, 2011, 8:09 pm #6

When you are making hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, you're entitled to swipe T-Shirts...

April 19th, 2011, 9:54 pm #7

He pled not guilty at his arraignment this morning and asked to be placed in a diversion program. Don't you have to be guilty to qualify for that? bronco? dacow?

April 19th, 2011, 10:26 pm #8

Murf, should we waterboard Mike Leake until he confesses?

This guy is asking for diversion so it must be his 1st offense. There will be a deferred judgement, meaning the charge will be dropped if he completes a counseling program and stays clean on probation. My minor son (at age 17) was involved in such a case many years ago. It has nothing to do with income. The kid was given everything in the world. One of those unexplained human flaws. He's been straight and narrow ever since, well adjusted and raising his own family, good job, upstanding guy. I never thought of it until I saw this report to be honest.

April 19th, 2011, 11:02 pm #9

Yes you do have to plead guilty to be placed in the diversion program.

And yes you do have to be a first time offender to qualify also, so its not like this kid has a history of trouble. Its a bizarre and senseless incident, but yeah I don't think he should be cut for it or any such nonsense. Maybe a one game suspension, but honestly this is not one of those scum-of-the-Earth type crimes we have seen from some other athletes -- like rape or murder or something. Hell there is bungle that does something worse than this at least once a season.

It's more shocking in its senselessness than anything.

April 19th, 2011, 11:48 pm #10

Theft!? Really!?

I hope this is some kind of weird misunderstanding or something and charges get dropped. Don't tell me this kid is a klepto or something.

This would be a good time to get Cueto and/or Bailey back.

Especially Cueto. Our offense won't carry us forever, we need more consistent starting pitching! Thank goodness we have some great depth at the position.

Why is this such a surprise? The rich in this country have been getting away with theft for years.

It is depressing watching the Jets have success.

Confirmation of reply: