Mike Brown's Relentless Drive for Continuity Trumps All

Mike Brown's Relentless Drive for Continuity Trumps All

January 2nd, 2018, 11:32 pm #1

So it appears I was wrong, if ever so slightly.

Marvin Lewis did NOT sign a 3-year deal as I predicted. He signed a 2-year deal.

Oh well. None of us are perfect.
Lewis returns with two-year deal
Geoff Hobson - Bengals.com - January 2, 2018, about 5:30 EST

Marvin Lewis, whose Bengals’ obituary has been penned by the national pundits for the last 16 days, offered his own re-write Tuesday when he signed a two-year deal to return that gave the team two unexpected finishes in the last 48 hours.

Although no other moves were announced it’s believed there’ll be changes to Lewis’ 16th staff in the coming days. If Lewis serves out his two-year deal, he’ll become just the fourth man in the Super Bowl Era to coach the same club for 17 straight seasons, joining Miami’s Don Shula, New England’s Bill Belichick, and Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher.

Lewis, 59, won his 125th game on Sunday when the Bengals knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs in stunning fashion on a 49-yard TD pass with 44 seconds left on fourth-and-12. That puts him in a tie for 26th on the NFL’s all-time victories list.

The Bengals came into this season as one of seven teams with at least six play-off berths dating back to 2008 with Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Seattle, and Baltimore.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/L ... 44604e2929
I knew this would break when I was away from the computer. Just found out a few minutes ago, and by reading our humble message board right here. More to come.

Last edited by psychostats on January 2nd, 2018, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 3rd, 2018, 1:15 am #2

Remember a couple of seasons ago when the scribes couldn't stop talking about Bengals continuity?

Just in case you forgot:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1454035978

So how in the world did they ever think that Mike Brown would clean house? Mike Freakin' Brown!

I mean, come on. When this owner reboots the franchise, he does so with the same head coach he's had for years. We're talking about the stubbornest, most obstinate dude who ever lived. Think of all the needless mental gyrations all the folks went through who forgot about that.

Can't wait for the press conference tomorrow. We can compare it to the one from 2010.

January 3rd, 2018, 1:33 am #3

Marvin Lewis did NOT sign a 3-year deal as I predicted. He signed a 2-year deal.

Marvin Lewis, whose Bengals’ obituary has been penned by the national pundits for the last 16 days, offered his own re-write Tuesday when he signed a two-year deal to return that gave the team two unexpected finishes in the last 48 hours.

Although no other moves were announced it’s believed there’ll be changes to Lewis’ 16th staff in the coming days. If Lewis serves out his two-year deal, he’ll become just the fourth man in the Super Bowl Era to coach the same club for 17 straight seasons, joining Miami’s Don Shula, New England’s Bill Belichick, and Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher.

Lewis, 59, won his 125th game on Sunday when the Bengals knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs in stunning fashion on a 49-yard TD pass with 44 seconds left on fourth-and-12. That puts him in a tie for 26th on the NFL’s all-time victories list.

The Bengals came into this season as one of seven teams with at least six play-off berths dating back to 2008 with Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Seattle, and Baltimore.

I knew this would break when I was away from the computer. Just found out a few minutes ago, and by reading our humble message board right here. More to come.

It's been 8 years since that presser. Marvin has aged like a President does after 8 years in office, and he's still not won a playoff game.

January 3rd, 2018, 8:02 am #4

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Pyscho... you were 99.9% dead-on the entire time. I even got sucked in at the end & thought it was it. Lol! What a doozy. Best sitcom I’ve ever watched

January 5th, 2018, 3:08 am #5

And the post-announcement tap dancing and feather preening routines are funny, too. As outlined in the Hot Seat Thread.

That press conference was a big dud. Mike Brown didn't even bother to face the fans.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/vid ... 5273d076d4

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 001446001/

There apparently was no discussion Between Mike and Marvin about assistant coaches salaries, bubble practice fields, or anything like that. I don't think there was a single scribe, national or local, who had a any idea on what was really going on.

Confirmation of reply: