May 2012 - Bronco Jr - advice?

May 2012 - Bronco Jr - advice?

May 7th, 2012, 7:23 pm #1

Well gents,

We are in the last month of my girl's pregnancy.
A Bronco, Jr. will be born sometime this month.

The OBGYN said due date is May 31, 2012, but he could come sooner.
This is our first child.

It was my job to carry on the family name as my eldest brother had 2 girls and my middle brother has a stepson and wants no more kids.

Fortunately, I hit a homerun on the first try.
I have spent the last month assembling a crib, furniture, a stroller, pack n play, vibrating chair, infant sleeper swing and other such nonsense.

I think I'm ready, but are you ever really ready?

Do any of you have any funny stories about the last month of pregnancy/first month of being a father you would like to share?
I could use all the advice I can get.

"Insert witty quotation here"
Last edited by broncobux on May 7th, 2012, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 7th, 2012, 7:32 pm #2

If you ever end up owning a professional sport franchise, will you please, for the sake an entire city, show him the ropes?

May 7th, 2012, 8:05 pm #3

No advice - just good luck and hope all goes well.

May 7th, 2012, 8:22 pm #4

I will give you advice on the first month...

#1--NEVER---EVER---EVER PUT THAT CHILD IN THE BED WITH YOU.
One of the hardest bad habits to break when you can't take it anymore.

Make sure you have an extra diaper on hand when changing JR.
Even at his newborn age, releasing the man pipe seems to be just as enjoyable as it does when your older...lol
Keep the extra close by because as soon as he realizes that his man hood is free, he will release a 40 ft stream of pizz...
LMAO...

My oldest got me and the blinds one day...

Another heads up...
I was laying on my back holding my oldest above me and was giving him a little toss in the air...yep, not a good idea right he eats.
Spit up and it went right down my throat and let me tell ya, not something you ever want to taste.
LOL

Enjoy it!
Greatest time of my life has been raising my boys.
Watching them grow is amazing.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

May 7th, 2012, 11:54 pm #5

The first month with my daughter because she had colic, it was nightmarish, 3am car rides, lack of sleep, frustration and exhaustion

The first month with my son was more fun, he was pleasant and easy going, only thing is they are so small and fragile and I wanted to do so much with him, I was anxious for him to do everything, was like having a toy I couldn't fully use yet lol

Murf is right on the bed thing, have to nip that in the bud immediatly, nothing will ruin your sex life faster than a kid sleeping with you.

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

May 8th, 2012, 4:26 am #6

Dad tends to get pushed aside a little bit when the baby first arrives. Mom and the in-laws might forget that it's a special time for you, too. But things will settle down soon enough, and you'll tons of time to bond with your kid.

Just go with the flow, Bronco. That would be my best advice. It's much more fun after about two months.

May 8th, 2012, 6:05 am #7

Get f*cking sleep now. Sleep your azz off. Sleep. Sleep. And more sleep.

BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE F*CKING GETTING ANY AFTER JR IS BORN. Even years after = NO SLEEP TILL.

Trust me.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

May 8th, 2012, 2:05 pm #8

...you will just figure it out. The wildest thing anyone told me was about a month after my daughter was born. As I was holding her he said, "Did you ever realize that your parents were this clueless" when they were raising you? I was astonished. As a kid you think your parents have all the answers, as a parent you think you have none. Somehow, while neither are right, it works out. No manual needed. You are gonna love it.

May 8th, 2012, 2:36 pm #9

<p>Think the Leslie Nealson character from "Airplane"</p><p> </p><p> </p>

people always assess their own performance as "above average" even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]

May 8th, 2012, 2:38 pm #10

One other thing... formula is not your friend.

people always assess their own performance as "above average" even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]

Confirmation of reply: