Matt Barkley

August 10th, 2018, 12:18 am #1

Jesus this guy is horrible. You better hope Dalton doesn't get hurt or this team is fifty different kinds of screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 10th, 2018, 12:51 am #2

I looked Barkley up on Wikipedia today to refresh my memory on his career. It's amazing how his star declined. Freshman year at USC, looked like a future top NFL prospect. (Remember when he beat Ohio State?)  Same for his Sophomore year and his Junior year. Then as senior he gets injured, but the analysts started saying he was never really all that good to begin with. Ends up getting selected in the top pf the fourth round by Chip Kelly at Philadelphia. Now he's a well-traveled journeyman.

He should be able to play okay in an offense designed for Andy Dalton. You might think. Similar style and skill set. He should be better than he is right now. I don't get it.

August 10th, 2018, 1:21 am #3

Speaking of quarterbacks, maybe it's time for the Jeff Driskel experiment to end. He's just not an accurate passer and makes Barkley look all-world.

August 10th, 2018, 1:24 am #4

That's what I'm saying, if Dalton gets hurt this team is screwed. Driskel sucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 10th, 2018, 1:45 am #5

How many teams really have a capable backup?

August 10th, 2018, 2:26 pm #6

New England probably does....and Philadelphia last year--they did, obviously. ;)

August 10th, 2018, 4:58 pm #7

Matt Barkley    -    CUT HIM NOW!

Devontae Harris   -   CUT HIM NOW TOO!

Bengals first team Offense and Defense both looked sharp.  Auden Tate will make the 53. Darius Phillips might make Alex Erickson expendable but if AE gets cut New England will sign him and he'll become their next superstar slot receiver.  He fits the Belichick cookie cutter mold. I actually think Driskel is a better QB than Barkley. Barkley is the #2 now just because of Giggles' man crush for washed up veterans.  At least Driskel can extend plays. Barkley has spent all spring and summer so far throwing grounders to WR's and perfect spirals to DB's.  Remember, this is still the Bengals and their schedule this year is brutal. Dump Barkley and put the drunk driver from Miami on the practice squad.

Confirmation of reply: