Marvin

Marvin

November 22nd, 2010, 9:59 am #1

I am just wondering if Marvin is professional enough to walk away today.

Mikey should be smart enough to fire him, since we all know that is not going to happen, then Marvin should walk away.
You can't be a head coach of a football team that was picked to be a contender at the start of the season.
Then have a six game losing streak, then play what many thought was the most pathetic team in football at home and go up by 21 points and wind up getting blown out in the second half.

Marvin is about effective as busted condom.

http://murfsword.blogspot.com/

November 22nd, 2010, 11:41 am #2

Uhhhhhhh Murf, the only preseason prediction of Bungle greatness I remember came from you. In fact, I think there was some amused board comments about how the professional assessment in preseason had the Bungs finishing third in their division.

The professionals assessed this sorry squad of practice squad players pretty well. The hoofed homer fans such as yourself......they are simply agonizing in reality.

This is the same team that was overmatched and humiliated in most of the final four games last year. This year's losses are predictable and explainable and extremely laughable.

No talent plus Bungle Sheep = Extreme Amusement.

May the Agony of the Sheep endure forever.

November 22nd, 2010, 1:20 pm #3

You are the reason for the current state of Bengals football. Not Marvin Lewis. Not even Mike Brown. Fans like you who, two decades on, still seek band-aid solutions to the problem.
The solution is simple. Don't go to the games. Empty the stadium. When idiots like yourself finally get that message (maybe after the fourth decade of failure) things will improve.

November 22nd, 2010, 1:30 pm #4

Have to agree with BA here.....

by the way - Marvin walks away and then he is labeled a quitter and done for life. No matter how you spin it and how we may look at it as the right thing to do to even get away from the Brown family.

T

November 22nd, 2010, 2:57 pm #5

This...

>>>Mikey should be smart enough to fire him, since we all
>>>know that is not going to happen, then Marvin should walk away.

and this...

>>>by the way - Marvin walks away and then he is
>>>labeled a quitter and done for life.

...are collectively the problem in this scenario.

Coaches that quit midseason for anything but health reasons tend to wear the scarlet letter. That's why it's unconscionable for Mike to do what he's doing right now. Quit? Quit? Marvin figured out that he wasn't the guy to take this team to the promised land (then again, who is?) a long time ago. He's just waiting for the "way things are done" to kick in. But waiting for that to kick in with Mike Brown is like waiting for a three way with Kim Kardashian and Sofia Vergara to just "kick in."

The coach's job is show up for work, prepare the team to the best of his abilities. The owner pays him for this work. If the work is not up to THE OWNER'S STANDARDS, the owner then fires him.

Sure, Marvin's coaching like crap right now. But he's meeting the owner's standards. So why should he forfeit the remaining money on his contract because Mikey's too stubborn to raise his standards? I know I wouldn't.

BMN
BMN

November 22nd, 2010, 3:39 pm #6

Its not Marvin's job to quit. Its Mike's job to fire him.

November 22nd, 2010, 8:30 pm #7

murf did get one thing right...the preseason hype.

Sure, about half of the MBS population did not have them winning the division, but about half did. And the national media wanted to hand them the division back in August when they acquired TO, the Ravens lost a few DBs to injury, and no body other than Peter King believed in the Steelers.

With all of that said, I feel that I have been right all along. I have said numerous times that the 2009 Bengals had a 10-6 record with 6-10 talent. The 2010 Bengals, even though the national media had them with 11-12 wins, I felt had 8 win talent because of the acquisitions. Needless to say, they are not going to get anywhere near 8 wins, or even 6 for that matter, and thus for the second time during the Marvin era, the Bengals will underachieve (the other time being 2006).

The rest of murf's nonsense aside, many of you on here and many across the country saw the Bengals as division championship and even Superbowl material once they acquired TO.

November 22nd, 2010, 8:35 pm #8

Its not Marvin's job to quit. Its Mike's job to fire him.
Stop trying to blame the fans for this pathetic Head Coach.

Trooper---a sh!t load of the media type picked the Bengals the day after they inked Owens...
I never one time thought this team would be a true contender ..thought they would make the playoffs, then lose b/c the Head Coach sucks, but he has proven to be below average at every aspect of coaching.

Mike Brown is brain dead..

Vikings owner got the message from his players yesterday and fired Chilly.
Cowboys owner got the message from his players 2 weeks ago and fired Wade.
Bengals owner ignores every single warning sign from the players, the fans and the media....Why?

This is all about Mikey boy.
There is not a single reason that Marvin deserves his job today...sorry, but he has failed.
He has failed since half time of the Bears game last year.
I said it was a big deal that he played scared from that point on and this team would never rebound from that style of coaching and they have been beyond embarrassing since.

the tickets...mean nothing, they are already purchased....
Tv revenue/trademark rights put millions into Mikeys pocket....
You do realize the majority of the owners share of money come from the private suits and they are purchased in advance and carry over for a certain period of time.
you are obligated for so many years and if you don't use the box, then you just p!ssed away a ton of money...
of course you don't understand that, but that is the truth.

The season ticket sales are sold in advance...already paid for, so why just toss away money?

November 22nd, 2010, 8:59 pm #9

"a sh!t load of the media type picked the Bengals the day after they inked Owens"

Geeze, Murf. I don't speak bumpkin. How many is that?

I did a simple Google Search for preseason predictions a few minutes ago. I only looked at the first three. They all had the Bungs third in their division. Peter King actually had them rated 23rd overall in the NFL.

PS--You weren't making stuff up again were you? You know, your normal tantrum instinct?

November 22nd, 2010, 9:21 pm #10

Cincinnati Bengals
By making the bold move to add Terrell Owens to bolster their already deep receiver corps, Cincinnati pretty much announced to the world they are planning to throw the ball more this year (And Chad Ochocinco is likely to be happy man.). The Bengals also used a first round draft pick on tight end Jermaine Gresham, and the defense will likely continue to improve, so expect to see the Bengals let Carson Palmer loose this season and don't be surprised to see them take the AFC North and maybe even return to the Super Bowl for the the first time in over 25 years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did a quick search also...

Peter King...
LOL!
Predictions are like azzholes, everyone has one and most of they all are full of sh!t.

King had Carolina #7
Chicago and Tampa in the 20's.

Coming off a division championship...adding talent to the passing game and returning all defenders from a number 4 ranked defense...
Only an idiot or someone who hates a team, would think this season could go this bad.

This season comes down to 100% coaching..
Marvin failed..has failed since the 2 minute mark in the Bears game last year.

To not understand that is amazing to me.

Confirmation of reply: