Marvin's last game (Unofficially) at PBS thread

December 24th, 2017, 6:42 pm #11

Everybody thinks Marvin is gonna be gone next week. The scribes on Cincinnati.com, people on Facebook, twitter, everybody. But like Psycho, I'll believe it when I see it. I remember what happened at the end of the 2010 season as everybody also thought he was gone back then but then Mikey talked him into coming back and so he did. He got a contract extension that day. Heard this morning that if Jay Gruden is available then that would be their preferred candidate. Wouldn't be the best of choices but at this point anything would be an upgrade over Marvin. I maintain my position that Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL. Credit to him for bringing us out of the lost decade, but hell, my year and a half old nephew could coach better. We'll see what happens next week, but I would never rule out the possibility of Marvin changing his mind and coming back just to tick off all Bungs fans. That being said Bungs get blown out again today 30-10
Where did you hear that Jay Gruden would be the favorite if he gets fired at Washington? I think he has two years left on his fat contract, so if Dan Snyder eats his salary, Gruden might accept less from the Bungles in a 2-year deal.

That could apply to Jackson as well.

December 24th, 2017, 6:44 pm #12

Everybody thinks Marvin is gonna be gone next week. The scribes on Cincinnati.com, people on Facebook, twitter, everybody. But like Psycho, I'll believe it when I see it. I remember what happened at the end of the 2010 season as everybody also thought he was gone back then but then Mikey talked him into coming back and so he did. He got a contract extension that day. Heard this morning that if Jay Gruden is available then that would be their preferred candidate. Wouldn't be the best of choices but at this point anything would be an upgrade over Marvin. I maintain my position that Marvin is the worst coach in the NFL. Credit to him for bringing us out of the lost decade, but hell, my year and a half old nephew could coach better. We'll see what happens next week, but I would never rule out the possibility of Marvin changing his mind and coming back just to tick off all Bungs fans. That being said Bungs get blown out again today 30-10
https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/am ... per-report

December 24th, 2017, 6:45 pm #13

Wow, that was one of the worst INT's we've seen Dalton throw, and that's saying something. We're talking for his Bungles career.

December 24th, 2017, 6:58 pm #14

The worst int. I've ever seen Dalton throw was a pick-6 in his 2nd year (I think) vs. Oakland (I think.) He was back on his own 5-yard line and tried to throw a little swing pass to his left. He just forgot to look and see if anyone was over there in coverage. So he threw it straight into a Linebackers hands who stepped into the end zone untouched. Today's Andy reminds me of that Andy.

December 24th, 2017, 6:59 pm #15

The announcers are starting to wear out the phrase "missed opportunities." Yeah, they could have had a TD there, and if Green had caught that bomb, the Bungs could be leading right now.

Back to the supposed coaching search, who the heck is leaking info to guys like Shefter and Rapoport? As JB reminded us yesterday or the day before, Marcus Lewis is an assistant-assistant coach on the team.
Last edited by psychostats on December 24th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 24th, 2017, 7:09 pm #16

So... If Jay Gruden is the preferred candidate, then the Washington game is worth tracking. The Redskins just went up on the Broncos at home, 10-3.

December 24th, 2017, 7:17 pm #17

Uh oh, things don't look good for LB Jordan Evans, and it was Burfict that did it to him.

No Evans get up, buy, hey, the dude looked like he was dead for a minute.

December 24th, 2017, 7:26 pm #18

They're 10 yards from the endzone and have one shot at getting in and they throw a dump off pass to Bernard?

December 24th, 2017, 7:27 pm #19

Never expected the Bungs to only be down by one point after two quarters. Lions are sleepwalking through this game.

After nearly killing his teammate, Burfict creates a turnover by hitting Stafford as he was getting a pass off. That led to the dive and the field goal.

How is it that the o-line is holding up okay today? Is it the Lions, or has Paul Alexander been badly misusing his talent all season?

December 24th, 2017, 7:29 pm #20

I find myself in the unfamiliar spot of actually hoping they lose. I think they have to be destroyed again just so our incompetent owner will fire our incompetent coaches.

Confirmation of reply: