Marvin Lewis

Marvin Lewis

October 17th, 2011, 12:16 am #1

Does anyone besides me believe Marvin is doing an absolute amazing job with this team?
Who believed this team would be 4-2 right now?

I think it is unbelievable that he has a rookie qb, rookie wide out and the likes of Jerome Simpson and this team continues to win games. The defense is solid and the offense looks better every week. Marvin in my personal opinion is doing an amazing job with the players he has on the field. Brown invests the bare minimum in this team lets our best corner go and does nothing with Cardboard and were still 4-2 with that kind of owner.

Unbelievable!!!

Now, before you guys say we have had a weak schedule, who among you didnt believe the bungs were the weakest team in the league before the season started?

I for one would have sworn we would be at best right now 1-5 an if someone told me we were going to be 4-2 I would have sworn they were crazy or on crack.

KEEP IT UP MARVIN!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!

October 17th, 2011, 12:19 am #2

somebody else is drinking the kool-aid LOL...no really, though, I'm shocked on a national level this hasn't gotten more attention...esp. when mentioning what Lewis had to deal with, esp. under the Browns...

October 17th, 2011, 12:21 am #3

The Bungles are benefitting from a really eeeeeezzzzy schedule.

But 4-2 is impressive for this team nonetheless.

They still have to play somebody that isn't missing their starting QB before I'm real impressed.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence

October 17th, 2011, 12:51 am #4

They are winning because of Zimmer and his defense and despite Marvin Lewis, Marvin cost them the Denver game and almost cost them today with his conservative play late in the game.

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

October 17th, 2011, 2:14 am #5

This is the 2009 Coach of the Year we're talking about. And consider who he works under.

Lewis is a mixed bag. At his best, maybe a low-key Marty Shottenheimer. It would help if he actually had an owner who told him to improve on some of his weaker areas, like clock management. (I'm assuming that doesn't happen based on what we see on Sundays.)

I agree about Zimmer. And Jay Gruden has already made big improvements on offense, factoring in the young players running his system.

I also agree about the schedule. It's the biggest factor.

October 17th, 2011, 2:14 am #6

They are winning because of Zimmer and his defense and despite Marvin Lewis, Marvin cost them the Denver game and almost cost them today with his conservative play late in the game.

In Memory of Dunn4QB
Marvin is a good football coach, but a very bad Head Coach.
He has always been a very Marty Shctt type of coach, scared to death to win a game.

I would love to see this team work under a Jim Schwartz/Mike Tomlin/Jim Harbaugh or Jon Gruden.
Fire/Passion/Energy are not 3 words I would describe any Bengal team under Marvin.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

October 17th, 2011, 3:00 am #7

"This is the 2009 Coach of the Year we're talking about"

Yeah that award lost its luster after the sportswriters who voted for him got exposed for not paying attention late in the season, I believe they lost 4 of their last 5 games, not sure how a coach of the year loses 4 of the last 5 games.

Do they even give that award out anymore? lol

In Memory of Dunn4QB

October 17th, 2011, 1:30 pm #8

It is hard watching this team play.
They are winning, but they should not be in tight games against sh!t teams.

Marvin loves the pound and ground scheme.
Problem is, we don't have a team that has the ability to do that.
This team plays better when the offense is in attack mode.
Better Rhythm, more energy and up tempo.
they come in and out of the huddle quickly.
Dalton is fluid under that tempo.

This team should not be hoping for a mistake to win.

Plus--
2 times this year the coach questions somebody for scoring a touchdown.
He questions if Dunlap should score on the fumble recovery?
That is the mentality that I don't understand.

YOU SCORE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN IN 60 MINUTES.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/
Last edited by murf129 on October 17th, 2011, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 17th, 2011, 2:35 pm #9

Does anyone besides me believe Marvin is doing an absolute amazing job with this team?
Who believed this team would be 4-2 right now?

I think it is unbelievable that he has a rookie qb, rookie wide out and the likes of Jerome Simpson and this team continues to win games. The defense is solid and the offense looks better every week. Marvin in my personal opinion is doing an amazing job with the players he has on the field. Brown invests the bare minimum in this team lets our best corner go and does nothing with Cardboard and were still 4-2 with that kind of owner.

Unbelievable!!!

Now, before you guys say we have had a weak schedule, who among you didnt believe the bungs were the weakest team in the league before the season started?

I for one would have sworn we would be at best right now 1-5 an if someone told me we were going to be 4-2 I would have sworn they were crazy or on crack.

KEEP IT UP MARVIN!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!

4-2 is a lot better than I thought. I was thinking 1-5. It really doesnt matter this year, cuz I'm pretty positive we will get lit up by any playoff contender. I am excited for the future though with these young players doing well. A good draft and we may be a contender next year, maybe two. Ravens and Steelers are getting old.

October 17th, 2011, 8:14 pm #10

He is doing a wonderful job. Game management may have cost them one game, but he has 4 wins in 6 games with 4 wins in 16 games talent.

I find it amazing just how stupid some Bengals fans really are. He is least to blame for their problems in 2011. The whole staff is doing a good job as well. Coach Zimmer I would think will get his shot eventually somewhere.

Confirmation of reply: