Kirkpatrick "on-campus incident" last week

Kirkpatrick "on-campus incident" last week

April 28th, 2012, 1:34 am #1

Saw this last night in the Pro Football weekly website. Haven't seen anything else about it. Nolan Nawrocki, emphasis added:
17 (17) Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland): CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
The Bengals' secondary is littered with question marks, with Leon Hall coming off injury and Nate Clements and Terence Newman showing their age. Many teams removed Kirkpatrick from their draft boards after an on-campus incident the week before the draft, yet the Bengals have been more lenient of high-risk talent in the selection process and could benefit if Kirkpatrick can find a way to stay out of trouble and mature. Mike Brown has a history of selecting high-risk-high-reward talent and rolled the dice again.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/0 ... ound-one-3
Anybody know what he's talking about?
Last edited by psychostats on April 28th, 2012, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2012, 8:02 am #2

I hadn't heard this but he did get busted for pot in January.

I'm putting the over/under on him getting in some kind of trouble at 8 games into his second season.

"We do do, and we do it at a very, very high level," Lewis said.

April 28th, 2012, 3:57 pm #3

" Mike Brown has a history of selecting high-risk- low-reward talent"

Fixed it

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
Last edited by stormincincy on April 28th, 2012, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2012, 4:23 pm #4

Only thing I could find about Dre is his Marijuana charge that was dropped when he paid another guy to take the rap for him.

Well at least the Bengals replaced a weed connection after losing Jerome Simpson to the Vikings

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB

April 28th, 2012, 4:57 pm #5

...is anybody really surprised anymore?

April 28th, 2012, 7:20 pm #6

Again, I will interject with my usual "I dont care about Weed convictions".

As long as it isnt a felony (See Simpson, Jerome), I could care less.

"Insert witty quotation here"

April 28th, 2012, 8:35 pm #7

I really don't care about weed, either, given that I think it should be legal. Then again, with so much to loose, it's pretty stupid to keep doing it.

But we don't know what "incident" Nawrocki is referring to. For many teams to take Kirkpatrick off the their boards, it would likely be worse than pot. Assuming Nawrocki isn't smoking something himself.

April 28th, 2012, 9:01 pm #8

"Again, I will interject with my usual "I dont care about Weed convictions"."

La-de-da, huh guys? Not a big f*cking deal at all, eh?

YOU GUYS ARE F*CKING DEAD WRONG. IT IS A BIG DEAL.

1. These guys are athletes. WTF are you doing smoking anything????????

2. These guys are supposed to be spokespeople for the community. Icons. Role Models. Role Models do NOT smoke weed and are not known for this. What kind of message does this send to high school kids?

3. Regardless of what you say, POT IS BAD FOR YOU. Don't give me this sh*t that it's better than alcohol BS. And medically, it benefits you. What a bunch of sh*t.

4. Other than the dumb state I live in, IT'S STILL ILLEGAL IN AMERICA TO SMOKE IT, OWN IT, OR DISTRIBUTE IT.

You f*cking potheads kill me.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on April 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2012, 9:18 pm #9

It is clear to me that Falc has never been around NFL players. His opinion would change if he had.

I have been fortunate enough to have a couple of friends play in the NFL.
This crap is so common, its hilarious.

The players, for the most part, know when they get tested. They know when to be clean and know when they can party.

Regardless, I think in this case, another person took the rap. Was Dre even convicted or was there a plea deal? Was it dismissed?

If you start drafting on the basis of who has never had a friend that smokes pot, you might have 3-4 guys on your football team.

"Insert witty quotation here"

April 28th, 2012, 9:40 pm #10

I have been fortunate enough to have a couple of friends play in the NFL.
Football players rubbing shoulders with lawyers? Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Confirmation of reply: