I need help with this..

I need help with this..

November 20th, 2011, 9:48 pm #1

#1 Gresham should have just caught the ball clean and we would never have had the circus act and give the fuching ref a chance to make sh!t up.

#2 He had control and both feet in bounds as he crossed the goal line...
So how in the world is that not a touchdown.

#3 When Dalton was called for the Grounding play...I guess the ref standing right there did not notice, the HANDS TO HEAD AND THEN THE HORSE COLLAR.

Should have been, First and goal from about the 3 yard line.....

Nice job fighting for your team Giggles..just keep staring into space.
You are not going to change the call, but go ape sh!t on the refs from time to time and pretend that you are fighting for your team.

3 picks...

The pick at the end of the half was a stupid rookie mistake.
Should have run for whatever he could get and take a shot at a long field goal.

The second pick...
100% on Caldwell...that was a slant or a square in and he did not run his route, he cut it off and gave the db a chance to jump the route.

The third pick...
100% on Caldwell...
Before you start smacking your gums and bash me for pointing this out...if this pick is on Dalton, the please explain to me what route Caldwell was running.
I'll save you the time, there is not a single route in football that calls for a wide out to run to the hash mark and stand still.

Over all...
Good game.
With not having Green, the offense played well.
Can do without the attempted option play, but they kept pushing the Ravens defense all day.

Defense played well at times, but Crocker killed them on three big plays.

Whitworth and Smith played well most of the day, but both gave up pressure at crucial times.

I like the fight this team has.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

November 20th, 2011, 10:22 pm #2

#2 -- The Calvin Johnson Rule.

Where have you been the last few years, Murf? Yeah, the refs call 'em inconsistently, what else is new? Gresham slightly lost control of the ball when it hit the ground. Just barely, but he did. The TV coverage kind-of set us up for frustration, as they didn't show the key angles until the replay review went on for a while.

The Tuck Rule helped the Bungs beat Buffalo. We didn't want to hear the Bills fans whine then, so stop whining now.

November 20th, 2011, 11:11 pm #3

Correct me if I am wrong but Gresham got control of the ball while IN the end zone and not before.Since the reception was made in the end zone,Gresham must demonstrate complete control of the ball all the way through the catch.When I saw it live I knew it was incomplete,you could see him put the ball on the ground.Had Gresham caught the ball in the field of play BEFORE he crossed the goal line,it would have been a touchdown.JMHO....yours? ~Lumina~

November 20th, 2011, 11:23 pm #4

I understand why they called it an incomplete pass.
I don't like the rule, a tailback can barely get the ball to the white line and even if he does not maintain control, it is called a touchdown.

As for crying about the refs...they should be graded and judged just like the players.
How on earth you can allow Suggs to hit Dalton in the head and then horse collar him and not call it?
The Ref has the important job of watching the qb...so where was he looking if he did not see both fouls?

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

November 20th, 2011, 11:35 pm #5

Correct me if I am wrong but Gresham got control of the ball while IN the end zone and not before.Since the reception was made in the end zone,Gresham must demonstrate complete control of the ball all the way through the catch.When I saw it live I knew it was incomplete,you could see him put the ball on the ground.Had Gresham caught the ball in the field of play BEFORE he crossed the goal line,it would have been a touchdown.JMHO....yours? ~Lumina~
I don't think it maters if control first occurs within the endzone or not. On any attempted catch, a receiver has to maintain complete control when he hits the ground.

November 20th, 2011, 11:52 pm #6

Exactly, Psycho.

And it's hardly a surprise, and always an amusement, when the angry mouth displays his football ignorance, yet again.

November 20th, 2011, 11:53 pm #7

I don't think it maters if control first occurs within the endzone or not. On any attempted catch, a receiver has to maintain complete control when he hits the ground.
But I absolutely hated that they took that TD Reception away from Gresham. Guy worked his azz off for that catch.

And it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

It still would have been 31-28. Your argument is moot, Murf. Either way, they still lose.

"So he got fired? Big deal. It's happened to the best of us. So he got kicked out of his house by his 400 lb'ed wife?!?!? That's probably better for him anyways."-OldSchooler on ChrisMBHater's absence
Last edited by oldschoolerfan on November 21st, 2011, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 21st, 2011, 12:37 am #8

This thread just proves that Murf knows absolutely dick about football.
"Anyone who says this--has never ran any kind of security during a full-blown riot. I have." falc

November 21st, 2011, 2:02 am #9

Read this: "All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside collar of the back of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket. Previously, the horse-collar tackle rule did not include the back of the shoulder pads or jersey. This increases the scope of the rule. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards." Reason for the change: Player safety.

November 21st, 2011, 2:11 am #10

.... Murf will ignore this thread....didn't he create this one too??

Confirmation of reply: