How About Them Reds!

How About Them Reds!

May 24th, 2012, 2:09 am #1

Change of pace from all these political discussions. Certainly looks like the teams coming together now and a pleasant surprise at that. That play Phillips made at 2nd earlier in the game should make a highlight reel. Let's hope they keep it rolling esp. after winning that series against the Yanks on the road.

May 24th, 2012, 3:02 am #2

There's plenty to be optimistic about right now. Votto and Bruce haven't even kicked it into gear yet and they are only 1/2 game out even though the team is only batting .190 with two outs and RISP. It looks like the crowds are coming back too. Makes me anxious to finish my rehab on this broken hip so I can go to a game.

Synonymous Bengal
Synonymous Bengal

May 24th, 2012, 3:34 am #3

Damn straight!

Phillips and Latos coming around. Chapman has potential to be the next dominant closer in this league, unless they think he can be the next dominant starter! Arroyo has bounced back from mono too and been a solid #3 guy.

I feel like we will definitely be right there by the end of the season, and maybe comfortably in first. I just hope we can manufacture some runs against good pitching, it's been our achilles in the Dusty-era, despite having Votto.

May 24th, 2012, 3:57 am #4

There's plenty to be optimistic about right now. Votto and Bruce haven't even kicked it into gear yet and they are only 1/2 game out even though the team is only batting .190 with two outs and RISP. It looks like the crowds are coming back too. Makes me anxious to finish my rehab on this broken hip so I can go to a game.
Bruce very hot and then very cold. Weird how the guy is so streaky. You can't sit this guy though. You just gotta go with the flow.

Bullpen is unfriggnbelievable. Whoever is responsible for signing Arredondo when he was injured (picked up from LA Angels)...just a great gamble that is paying off now. Chapman, lights out, especially to young dudes that never have seen him. Marshal is a one trick pony and I hope he has not been promised the closer role. HE IS NOT A CLOSER! Ondrusek doing a nice job as well. Mop-up guys don't get a lot of love from anyone but you gotta love this guy LeCure. He accepts his role and looks like a veteran out there even though he has logged very few MLB innings relatively speaking.

Love this Cozart kid. Wow, BA is nothing special but I'll give him time on this front and he can field with a shotgun of an arm. Votto-Phillips, shoe-in All Stars if anyone is paying attention. Any team would kill to have one of these guys on their team. Phillips is so fun to watch. I salute the Reds for putting their money down on this guy. He is worth it in my eyes. As usual, let's cut down on the K's Stubbs. Frazier can step up and make it an easier decision for Rolen to retire, Ludwick needs to be drop kicked and Heisey needs to be put in full time in LF. Very underated is our catcher, Hanigan. Mesoraco can learn a lot from this guy.

How can anyone not be happy right now? Yeah, Reds are trailing Cards in standings but if you look at the schedule they have played an easy schedule. The good teams will beat them down like red-headed step children.

May 24th, 2012, 12:55 pm #5

I think Jay Bruce's problems are mainly above his shoulders. Maybe he should see a hypnotist. BUT, he's also pulling his shoulder open when he swings which causes his head to follow. Damn shame he seems unwilling or unable to work on that and his hitting coach Brook Jacoby seems to not even care. There are simple ways to cure that particular bad habit during batting practice.

May 24th, 2012, 3:29 pm #6

Watching this team is fun.
Between watching Votto approach the game the way you should, taking every pitch as a professional to watching Phillips play defense is awesome.

Chapman is another reason to turn on the tv or go to a game.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2012, 4:34 pm #7

"if you look at the schedule they have played an easy schedule. The good teams will beat them down like red-headed step children. "

Easy schedule? The Yanks and Braves easy? True they may have some weaknesses in starting pitching and other areas but they are ahead of where I thought they would be.

May 24th, 2012, 5:51 pm #8

After a few years, has Dusty finally figured out the lineup?

OMG.

Sky is the limit with these guys. Just a solid batting lineup. Great team.

"Insert witty quotation here"

May 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm #9

Dusty had no choice...
the fans were going ape sh!t over Dusty keeping Harris.

Dusty still tires to tinker too much.
Replacing Fraizer with Valdez in the 9nth is his new gig.
Why on earth he believes Valdez is a better player is yet to be figured out.

http://murf-seriously.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm #10

After a few years, has Dusty finally figured out the lineup?

OMG.

Sky is the limit with these guys. Just a solid batting lineup. Great team.

"Insert witty quotation here"
Figured out the line up my arse. It's all pitching baby!!

Essentilly, the Reds have just come off one of the worst streaks of hitting I have witnessed, and are still in the hunt. If the offense ever comes around then its lights out.

I went to the game on Saturday against the Nationals. Even though the Reds lost it was a playoff atmosphere and I got to see Chapman pitch. I know they want him to start but I think he is better as a closer. With an 0.00 ERA it's hard to say that there are any better out there than Chapman as a closer.

Confirmation of reply: