Hard-Headed Mike Brown Gave In?!

Hard-Headed Mike Brown Gave In?!

October 19th, 2011, 6:40 am #1

What happened to Mike Brown's defining trait, that iron-willed resolve he inherited from his father? Seems like he went all wet-noodle on us. Caved right in to the demands of a former player -- a quitter of a former player who didn't honor his commitments. A quitter of a former player who not only didn't honor his commitments, but was ungrateful to boot.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Maybe Mike Brown deserves a new nickname for this fiasco. Let's call him "Big Blinky". You know, for losing the stare-down with Ungrateful Quitter.

MB supporters are surly in a holy snit by now. Why, this will encourage other players to pull the same stunt! Can't have that. Seems as if Mike Brown betrayed the principles of his father. All for 30 pieces of silver and two high draft picks. Sold his soul, as Paul Daugherty might say.

In fact, Daugherty said nothing of the kind. Quite the opposite. He asserts this is Mike Brown's "finest hour".

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2011 ... xt|Bengals

Very Churchillian, that Mike Brown. Supposedly. But Winston Churchill stood steadfast against totalitarianism while giving hope to a besieged nation. Mike Brown compromised and accepted an insanely generous deal.

But OK. Mike Brown had a finest hour. Whatever. Carson Palmer is traded. I'll take it.

October 20th, 2011, 2:56 am #2

So mikey went all Neville Chamberlain on us...

"We regard the agreement signed last night and the Benglo-Raider Quarterback Agreement as symbolic of the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again. We are resolved that the method of consultation shall be the method adopted to deal with any other questions that may concern our two teams, and we are determined to continue our efforts to remove possible sources of difference, and thus to contribute to assure the peace of the NFL. I believe it is peace in our time!"

"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."
"The vignette lasted only a minute out of the initial one-hour show, but reinforced perceptions of how the organization is run. When the owner offers his "wild thought," everyone speaks carefully -- or not at all -- so as not to contradict the boss."

October 20th, 2011, 5:26 am #3

Honest to God, that sounds about right, Circus. LOL. Peace in our time sounds pretty good when you're not too "keen on" winning.

I still can't get over the change in character. In the blink of an eye, this man went from high tower of resolute power to surface-skimming appeaser.

October 20th, 2011, 4:21 pm #4

What happened to Mike Brown's defining trait, that iron-willed resolve he inherited from his father? Seems like he went all wet-noodle on us. Caved right in to the demands of a former player -- a quitter of a former player who didn't honor his commitments. A quitter of a former player who not only didn't honor his commitments, but was ungrateful to boot.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Maybe Mike Brown deserves a new nickname for this fiasco. Let's call him "Big Blinky". You know, for losing the stare-down with Ungrateful Quitter.

MB supporters are surly in a holy snit by now. Why, this will encourage other players to pull the same stunt! Can't have that. Seems as if Mike Brown betrayed the principles of his father. All for 30 pieces of silver and two high draft picks. Sold his soul, as Paul Daugherty might say.

In fact, Daugherty said nothing of the kind. Quite the opposite. He asserts this is Mike Brown's "finest hour".

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2011 ... xt|Bengals

Very Churchillian, that Mike Brown. Supposedly. But Winston Churchill stood steadfast against totalitarianism while giving hope to a besieged nation. Mike Brown compromised and accepted an insanely generous deal.

But OK. Mike Brown had a finest hour. Whatever. Carson Palmer is traded. I'll take it.
I don't blame Palmer for walking out. A bad team, a bad front office and mostly poor team performance during his tenure and with no light at the end of the tunnel? He basically threw up his hands and walked out. Besides Brown got a hell of a deal. Don't look a gift horse (Oakland ) in the mouth. Let's hope brown drafts wisely (though I have my doubts).

Confirmation of reply: