George Iloka

August 19th, 2018, 6:07 pm #1

Just read Iloka is being released. This really surprised me. I wonder if they plan on bringing another vet in or going with what we already have. 

August 19th, 2018, 7:07 pm #2

This seems like it came at least a year too early. Now they're thin at safety. We know that they like Jessie Bates, but maybe this signals that they're good with Brandon Wilson as well. Or... did he not click with some of the new coaches?

Anyway, some team is going to pick up a solid safety cheap. There's a specific team that we know about that absolutely loves that kind of a deal, but they're the ones who cut him!

JB, are you out there? Does Hue Jackson snap him right up?

August 21st, 2018, 3:24 pm #3

Never liked him. Cheap shot artist thug worth a good 15-yarder. Good riddance.

August 21st, 2018, 8:24 pm #4

• I hated to lose him but after nosing around I found that the bungs weren't happy with his lack of getting turnovers and too many penalties.  His tackling technique didn't fit well with the new rule changes of leading with the helmet so I figured the bungs felt he couldn't learn a new technique in a timely manner plus he was expensive.
  • I found out that he signed with Minn  for $790K plus a small signing bonus so apparently there was not a real long line for his services.

I

Confirmation of reply: